“A £1,200 weekend, good but not perfect”
Review of Lucknam Park

Lucknam Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colerne
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed at Lucknam Park as a treat after a long course for me and hard spell at work for my boyfriend. I agree with the comments about the spa - it's gorgeous and the outside jacuzzi is a real treat, especially when it's dark and you can stargaze too. We ate in the Michelin star restaurant and the food was good and not bad value (£70 per head). Grounds are gorgeous. My one gripe would be the cost of the food- cooked breakfast from room service on Saturday morning cost us £50 and really was nothing special. I know they have a captive audience and we could have made our way over to the restaurant BUT it's a bit steep. It was quite small, arrived without trays to eat from and so eating it was bit awkward. The food in the spa area is also over-priced. I had a chicken stir-fry with 2 small sticks of chicken and noodles that cost £19.50. When you're hungry and there's nowhere else to go that's what you do but it does leave a bad taste (pun intended). Horse-riding is also on offer at the outrageous starting price of £95 per hour. Overall a lovely hotel in a quintessentially British setting rather let down by over-charging their captive audience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Expensivehotelhabit

Reviewed 2 March 2011

We were booked for lunch and received a pleasant welcome. Drinks were ordered and arrived promptly with the menus. We ordered our food but then felt rather hurried into the dining area. My seat was covered with crumbs and as we sat down we were asked if we would like to see the menu! I said we had already ordered and we waited far too long for our starter course. After the main course, I had to ask to see the dessert menu and after dessert I had to ask for coffee. No one appeared to have taken ownership of our table and we saw a number of different waiting staff of varying ability. I complained about the poor service and received an apology from the Manager together with a discount. Such a disappointment after a good start. Not good enough!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mainwearing
Reviewed 9 February 2011

It took only just over an hour from London, on a Friday night. We were welcomed at the door by a member of staff who brought in our luggage and parked the car. After our seemless check-in we were shown to our wonderful room. OK so we were upgraded but what we had booked would have been fine this was just better.

We had dinner in the Brasserie which was good, though the menu was a bit brief.

Excellent breakfast in the morning, not cheap as with all good hotels but very generous and well cooked. Toured around Wiltshire for most of the day. Had dinner in the 1 star Park restaurant in the evening. Excellent food, well worth and deserving of the star, wine list not easy but the recommendations were good.

Other half used the spa and thought it 'brilliant'.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrickthehunter
Reviewed 16 January 2011

It is probably the best UK Hotel of this kind we have ever stayed . The location is amazing and the property is so beautiful that even my two little boys didn't want to leave.
We stayed for 4 days and i wish we could stay longer. The boys had tennis lessons, my wife spend most of her day at the spa (she was delighted!) and i had the most relaxing 4 days in years! We had very nice walks and cycle rides as the weather was very good during our stay.
We booked a "Deluxe Room" which was really good-sized, very well presented and the bathroom was extremely big.
The only disadvantage i can mention is that the restaurant was closed on Sunday but generally the food and service were very nice.
I definitely recommend this place.

including the restored coach houses, the level of investment is staggering and the new very contemporary Spa is outstanding. Breakfast and Dinner - superb to match the great customer care.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2011

This hotel is preened within an inch of its life! Every lawn is manicured, the public areas, bedrooms and bathrooms are spotless and the gym is a pleasure to use (according to my husband!). The spa was being refurbished whilst we were there so unfortunately we didn't get to use it - we weren't told until the day before we were arriving, which was a bit annoying, but they did upgrade us to a beautiful room to compensate. We didn't go to the brasserie as we went into Bath for dinner on the first night (20 min drive away) but we did have an amazing meal in The Park restaurant on the 2nd night - it's worth the money and all the accolades. We went for a walk in the afternoon and saw the extent of the beauty of this place - really quite breath-taking. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because of the price! I think £300 for a tiny room (which we would have stayed in had we not been upgraded) is slightly ridiculous, especially when it doesn't even include breakfast. We actually got a two nights for the price of one deal with The Times, which is the only reason we stayed (I refused to pay £300 a night!). There were also no tea facilities in the room - and a cup of tea is £6 each. However, reception was kind enough to bring a tea tray up to our room so we could make our own tea, which they didn't charge us for. Speaking of reception, the staff members are all fab - very polite, helpful and willing to assist you however they can. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a special occasion, but unless you have money to burn, get a good deal!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colerne
4.7 km away
29.8 km away
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster

Been to Lucknam Park? Share your experiences!