All reviews park restaurant equestrian centre michelin star hydrotherapy pool afternoon tea main restaurant the main house drawing room spa building cookery school horse riding amazing spa japanese salt park room amazing grounds outdoor jacuzzi spa treatments
Reviewed 30 October 2009

The warmth and professionalism of the service is really what sets this country house hotel apart from others in the area like Babington House. This is a Relais and Chateau property, and the main building has several elegant and grand public rooms (a library and a drawing room) that really fulfill one’s appetite for spending time in a period piece. The guest room we were in was slightly musty, and very conservatively decorated, but was clean and attractive, if unexciting. The new spa complex is very, very nice. We didn’t have treatments there, but toured it and were impressed with the modern and stylish beauty of the facilities. Breakfast was a very underwhelming buffet, not worth the price. Driving up the long avenue of trees with the morning or evening light slanting through them is a memorable experience. Altogether, a very pleasant and polished place, with staff who are consistently friendly and warm and helpful. A great base for exploring Bath, which is just 8 miles to the south, and the surrounding sites like Dyrham Park, the location for the Merchant-Ivory film of The Remains of the Day.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We hosted our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding here and we couldnt have asked for better service or surroundings.

The new spa they have built is one of the best I have ever been to and the brasserie restaurant adjoins it. The despite being very modern compared to the hotel the whole development has been very sympathetically built.

The lower priced room are on the small side but well furnished, although the bathrooms look a little dated.

The banqueting manager was a star, coming in on his day off to meet us for a planning session, always helpful and responsive on email and staying late to ensure the event went smoothly. I would highly recommend hosting an event at Lucknam.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I went here with my husband for a weekend without the children on the gourmet package. We wanted to go somewhere we would be spoilt and we certainly were here. The hotel is beautiful in every way. The grounds are also wonderful and well kept. The spa is lovely and the treatments are really good, although I did also have a file & polish and it was not the best, I think the spa room was perhaps a bit dark for her to see what she was doing properly. I should have said something and I'm sure it would have been rectified. The pool and spa area is really lovely for relaxing although children were allowed in the pool which struck me as a bit odd. I've been to other hotels and they normally limit the times children are allowed in the spa pool.
The food was really magnificent, I don't think my husband and I could have eaten another thing. The staff are magificent and nothing is too much trouble, including getting an giant ice pack for my swollen pregnant feet!
I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel and if my husband treats me again we'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank oatcake30
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We arrived at Lucknam Park at around 2pm and had a very warm welcome from the girls on reception. We had a tour of this very grand house and were well informed of the facilities that were available to us during our visit. Our room was really lovely, huge bed and very quiet. We spent a good four hours resting in their beautiful new spa which we were lucky enough to have to ourselves for an hour. My partner slept for two of these hours as it was such a restful environment. In the evening we decided to book the more informal brasserie which was a real highlight of our stay. The food is amazing and the service less formal than the main restaurant but very friendly and efficient. All in all, this is a wonderful hotel that has a long standing reputation so you are going to be on a winner if you book this one!

2  Thank Traveller016
Reviewed 13 September 2009

this is the best place i've ever stayed BUT we were in the Juliet Suite (and not a regular room) so don't know if the standard rooms are good value for money or not ? the Suite was spectacular (stayed for an overnight stay after our wedding), champagne and chocolates and welcoming note on arrival. Was offered tea / coffee on arrival, car was parked, staff was lovely. Liked the evening housekeeping, when we were out for dinner in the brasserie, they made the bed for us, closed the curtains, opened the cupboard where the TV was.. lots of lovely touches. Spa is lovely and very modern, loved the fire by the pool. great great place. Food was really good, chef has a michelin star and is Welsh (good thing!!). Breakfast is very nice as well, lots of fresh produce. I just want to go back !!!

1  Thank kl_le