Rudloe Arms(Corsham)
USD 211
Orbitz.com
USD 121
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 140/night.

Old Mill Hotel(Batheaston)
USD 115
USD 106
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
USD 197
USD 120
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 151/night.

USD 185
  • Pool
USD 134
Official Site
TripAdvisor
All reviewspark restaurantequestrian centremichelin starhydrotherapy poolafternoon teamain restaurantdrawing roomthe main housespa buildingcookery schoolhorse ridingamazing spajapanese saltpark roomoutdoor jacuzzicountry house hotelspa treatments
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We first discovered Lucknam Park in September 2011 when we had a first class meal. We were so impressed by the location and service we had to return to stay longer, although it is worth a visit for the food alone. We returned for a four day stay in November 2011 and weren't disappointed. The highlight of the dining experience being the delightful belly pork with foie gras. We were fortunate enough to get a room upgrade which added to the enjoyment. Very good Sommelier who's advice should be taken - give him your budget and he will pick the best bottle for your meal. Our only two faults were that breakfast wasn't included in the room rate which is rather ridiculous when paying these prices and there was no refrigerator or complimentary drinks in our room which one might expect. We will still certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KatandJohnYork
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My partner and I stayed overnight for my birthday and it was the perfect present. The hotel is charming in a superb setting and the staff are excellent...
It feels like you go back in times where service actually meant more than just pretending. We had dinner in the main restaurant and although it was a quietish night and the room could make you feel a little intimidated, the professionalism of the staff and perticular attention of the Maitre D made this the perfect evening...
If you want to be treated like a real guest, then you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ptatworld
Reviewed 11 April 2012

In summary: a perfect choice for a relaxing spa break in the beautiful English countryside.

Only quibble: the decor of the room was a bit fusty and old fashioned

I spent 3 nights at Lucknam with my best friend in February, we had booked a spa package including 1.5hours of treatments. We were very lucky with the weather, as it was glorious wintry sunshine though icy cold.

The drive up the one-mile driveway to the hotel is stunning, my car was whisked away and we were taken to our room. We were on the ground floor on the courtyard, it was very quiet, the room was very large with seating area, telly, big wardrobe, huge bed, lovely big bathroom. However I was not a fan of the decor which was like a Laura Ashley door-to-door salesman's swatch bag had exploded (however I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the hotel is in the process of refurbishing the rooms).

The grounds are beautiful, and reception lent us wellies for the mud which was well-advised! Reception has 4 OS maps of different country walks in the area which we very much enjoyed.

Breakfast in the brasserie was varied and very good, the service was generally good. During the day the brasserie gets very busy and there are lots of day trippers to the spa, and while it didn't feel crowded the service got a bit haphazard, but we weren't bothered as we were there to relax. I would have liked to have seen more healthy options on the dinner menu as it is a spa.

The spa is wonderful. Decent sized indoor pool, opening through a sliding door in the water to a tropically heated outdoor pool, so we were able to enjoy the winter sunshine and country view from the steamy hot water. Such a luxury. We also enjoyed the steam rooms and the pool deck.

The treatments were top notch. They are not cheap, but totally worth it. My favourite was the Anne Semonin body scrub ritual, my skin was baby soft for weeks afterwards. The therapists were excellent and really knew their stuff (annoyingly I cannot remember any of their names).

We ate at the Michelin star restaurant on our last night, the food was exquisite and insanely rich as you would expect (I had the venison) but I wasn't a huge fan of the (lack of) atmosphere in the restaurant, it was a bit too fusty and formal for my taste.

The hotel doesn't seem particularly child friendly (this is not a criticism of the staff, i'm sure they would be very accommodating to families) because it is a very quiet, peaceful, adult environment. That was a draw for me, but something to bear in mind if you are travelling en famille.

We had a bit of a kerfuffle when it came to paying our bill when we checked out as there was a misunderstanding over what our package did and didn't include (we thought it included 1.5 hours of treatments for each of us, the hotel didn't), which wasn't ideal, but the staff were very helpful and courteous as always. Perhaps the T's & C's of the package needed to be clearer on the website?

We left Lucknam feeling refreshed and recharged, I highly recommend it and would definitely like to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank always_searchin
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I almost felt sorry for the serving staff when we all arrived, 3 adults and 5 pretty loud children. They were fantastic and the brasserie seems completely geared up for modern families and their hoards. The kids menu was pretty varied and I was shocked by the quality of the kiddie food, it was fantastic and my toddler polished off a delicious shepherds pie. My meal was exceptional and more than the food, we were made to feel most welcome, the waiter even kindly offering a damp towel so that I could sponge off my toddlers mucky hands and face after said pie was demolished. The kids found bikes and scooters which also kept them amused post feast. I would definitely visit again and feel that although pricey the quality more than justified the cost. My hubby is keen to stay at the hotel next time too as it looks wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bargainsgalorecat
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My sister and I had the most magical weekend at Lucknam Park Hotel and Spa for my hen weekend.
From the moment we arrived the staff made every effort to ensure our stay was exceptional.
The hotel is absolutely stunning, set in the most idyllic countryside. There is so much on offer; glorious walks, horse riding, the Spa and more.
We enjoyed various spa treatments over the course of our stay and I really can't recommend it enough. Lucknam Spa is beautiful. The treatments were out of this world, but I think what makes it unique is the attention to detail - little things like after each treatment you are taken to a chill out room to relax on reclining chairs, offered fresh fruit or herbal tea, have a nap or take a dip in the pool.
We ate in the Brasserie on the Friday evening and the Park restaurant on the Saturday and both evenings were superb. The staff go out of their way to accommodate you and are friendly and helpful but never intrusive.
Our room was super, with many amenities including a dvd player and dvd library service where you can borrow the latest films. The only thing that could be improved was I felt the mattress was a little hard and our room got a little chilly at night.
But all in all we enjoyed a wonderful weekend.
I hope to go back soon and can't thank everyone at Lucknam Park enough for making my hen weekend truly perfect!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family