“Stunning food in a wonderful venue”
Review of Ta' Philip

Ta' Philip
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Everything about Ta’Philip is wonderful! It’s a beautifully designed and decorated restaurant and as a solo traveller I was fortunate enough to have a spot right in the corner so I could absorb the whole ambience in entirely. The young waiter was extemeley attentive and polite throughout the whole evening, I can assuredly say it was the best service I had in my whole 10 days in Gozo. The owner was also very charming. The food was exquisite and considering that my dinner was 40 euros for three courses, half a bottle of wine and an aperitif, I was quite shocked. I had the smoked duck and pork ribs - presentation was absolutely top class and the flavours were incredible. Definitely some of the best ribs I’ve ever tasted! I wish I had discovered the restaurant a little earlier on during my stay, as I would have liked to have visited for lunch and perhaps even another dinner! Overall I would say this was my favourite dining experience in Gozo and I will definitely revisit!

1  Thank sandytheslayer

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were told by locals to try this restaurant and it did not disappoint. Staff was very accommodating and the food was delicious. We highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing, the best steak I have ever tasted. The staff were extremely professional and the atmosphere spot on. I would highly recommend visiting Ta Philip. A wonderful evening out!

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were really impressed with the quality of this restaurant. The sauce and pâté of local tomatoes that we tasted with their local-made bread. We eat the duck dish with an exquisite sweet sauce, great combination of flavours. We also eat an octopus dish, very well cooked and superb vegetables. And the portions of food are really good. We take the rest of the vegetables that we eat in the other day, and even cold, the vegetables still kept that amazing flavour. We also asked for a bread to take with us, that they put in the oven just for us, great bread. The girl who attend us was really nice, when she ended her shift, she came to say good-bye to us, great detail! Highly recommend this place! In a city like Madrid, this quality would made a very very expensive restaurant.

2  Thank marianapinto21
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

After driving through Blizzards in the UK, catching a plane to Malta. Then driving across Malta and onto the Gozo Channel Ferry We arrive in Gozo. We had left at 8 am and arrived at 7:30 pm we needed a place to chill and good food. Ta Philip was our first stop. This recharged our energy cells. The atmosphere, the service with taking time to make sure we were happy, the food quality was second to none. After two Hours of drinks food and chat, we were recharged ready to face another day. Thanks Ta’ Philip for your time, your place like a treasure island within Gozo, we love it

Andy, Anne and Caroline