All reviews basic facilities rm airport island reception langkawi beach
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Nice clean motel with basic facilities and reasonably good location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Good value for money. Recommended. We arrived late at night and the owner waited for us and carried our luggage to upstairs rooms. He was also kind enough to give us a lift to the airport on the way back.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Location not good if you don't hire transportation. Sheets appear not washed or changed. Asked for them to be changed but still appeared dirty. They forgot to provide new towels. Mosque nearby so loud chanting regularly as well as road noise. Breakfast pathetic. Some cereal toast and cold spaghetti baked beens. Most wall plugs not working, luckily we're prepared with double adaptors. Showerhead holder broken.

WiFi was good
Staff smiled and friendly

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very spacious, clean, modern, fast WiFi and come with air conditioning. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Anything we needed they were prompt to help.
The only down side is at night you can get some of the traffic noise in your room, but that isn't something that ears plugs can't solve.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank stellalopes
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Cenang Memories Motel

Simple B&B, clean, convenient and charming. Nice view from 2nd floor and RM 15 to Cenang Beach area for food and shopping. Simple breakfast provided and helpful staff. Hard for them to understand anything beyond basic English but they try.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I booked this for 3 nights based on TripAdvisor reviews and was really disappointed, it was a really bad experience.
Some of the feedback is right, the owner seemed like a nice guy and the place is pretty clean, but I can't believe how bad the traffic noise is and that more reviews don't mention it.

I was in a room on the ground floor so probably got the worst of it, but the hotel is on a bend on the main cenang to kuah road with motel style rooms facing the road and the traffic about 10 meters from the window going 50/60kmh. No double glazing or soundproofing and the traffic non stop all night.

Even with earplugs in, I got no sleep so checked out and found somewhere else after the first night. No refund available for the remaining nights (quote) 'because I paid on credit card'.

Putting the noise aside, I'd probably give this place a bad review anyway as there were too many things wrong, such as....

- no hot water for shower
- power sockets not working
- air con didn't cool room
- only local channels on the tv so pretty much pointless
- really poor quality wifi, patchy & slow

I'd maybe tolerate this in a £10 a night backpacker place, but this was £30 a night so I'd expect better.

If you've come to langkawi and you're not staying in one of the resorts then chances are you won't spend much time in your hotel and it will just be a place to sleep, shower & check your Facebook. Given that at I wasn't able to do any of these at the Cenang Memories motel, I would not recommend a stay there.

Date of stay: February 2017