All reviews air con underwater world direct access basic amenities koh lipe small fridge sun loungers red tomato free shops the main strip visit langkawi beach island tengah pathway sand malaysia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Email booking was very accommodating and clear in terms of request, and availability. The staffs are hospitable. Garden landscape was wonderful. The room was big, clean and doesn't smell old. I have been to Langkawi 4 times. The average and normal b&b, hotels or inns room smells old. I don't mind being the room basic as long as it doesn't smells old. Breakfast was noodles or fried rice, bread, eggs, fruits and coffee/juice. The rate is good with breakfast being 10mins walk from the center of Pantai Cenang. Quite for a good rest or night sleep.
Few things that needs to improve: room main door which i find not secured, the place security at night and the TV - no english channel or cable. Maybe its a plus for locals but i would prefer to remove it from room amenities since its not useful for foreigners.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jumper1000
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We arrived late in the evening after a long journey and received a lovely warm welcome. Our room was clean, a goodsize and simply decorated with air con (sunset III, I think). It had a set of table and chairs outside each room which we utilised at the end of each evening. Our room was a very short walk through the garden path to the beach where breakfast was served each morning. The breakfast choice was good: fresh fruit, bread/toast, noodles and eggs cooked to order and the view was amazing - nothing but sand, palm trees and ocean.
Staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed for 4 nights in August. It was the quiet/rainy season though we had no rain. The resort is centrally located, with lots of shops/restuarants nearby - turn right outside the resort and there is a fantstic thai/malay restuarant about 40 metres along. Apparently there is plenty to do in the local area/nearby areas bu we chose just to relax on the beach.
We had a thoroughly relaxing time and would highly recommend this place. If you're looking for a posh hotel/large resort, this isnt the place for you. It is called a resort but it is a more intimate, low key place.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Vhaire S
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I really loved the resort.
They treat us as a loving and friendly especially the older woman taking care of the reception to treat us by our names.
The breakfast was simple but sufficient as a first meal of the day. They haven't lunch and dinner service, but right next to the resort on the beach, there is a bar (Beach Oasis Bar) that complements the fault. This resort is part of a group that also has a bar (Sunset Bar) not far from the resort and has very good quality meals.
There is no pool at the resort but the beach is right over there. The resort area is nicely landscaped and well cared for.
Our room was the lowest category, but it was not why we were poorly installed, clean, comfortable and well decorated.
Have Internet access but only in the lobby and laptop itself.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marco_Polo30071969
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have to say, the service at the resort was awesome! Anything I asked for, the staff got right onto it within a few minutes. The breakfast was simple, but all the fruits and food was good quality. The rooms were spacious and clean. it was very quiet there, even though it was on the main strip. I loved the leafy green gardens too. The only thing I didnt like was the beach. I like long, sandy stretches of beach and out the front the beach was more like a cliff or little hill, after the beach chairs, the sand bank just dropped sharply downwards, so it forced us to lie on the beach chairs because we couldn't really lie on the sand because the slope was too steep. So everything else about this resort was AWESOME.
But, we rented a car and we just drove to another beach, Tengkorak beach, which was lovely - but watch out for the assertive monkeys who actually go up to your bags while you're sleeping on the beach and rummage thorugh your bags or even chew through them to get inside.... While I was relaxing on the beach listening to my Jack Johnson, I was suddenly awoken by a money who had broken into my beach back and highjacked my macadamia nuts! He stole the whole tub! It was pretty unsettling to have that happen while I was trying to chill on the beach, so that wasn't fun. There are equally as assertive monkeys at the Pregnant Maiden Lake - we had a monkey run right up to us and grab onto our beach bags to try and pull the bags away from us. That was scary. So - watch out for the monkeys on Langakawi island! They are not afraid of humans! I really liked the BABYLON bar which is a really cool reggae bar - its one of the best bars on Chenang beach with great, cheap drinks. Lighthouse is good too. There are two very good seafood restaurants facing each other on the main strip too, which are good. You can't miss them, they are very popular and have bright lights. We rented a Nissan for RM 180 for 3 days, which was good, but the company gave us the car on a SUPER empty tank - which we really didn't appreciate.- the company was called TERBILANG. I don't recommend going on the RM 25 island hopping tour. Those are SO CROWDED and badly run that it's not worth it, feels like you are in a herd of cattle being ferried from one place to another. It's not cool. I suggest the more expensive ones, like the mangrove tours or you should specifically ask for island hopping that does not follow the normal route EVERYONE else goes on... it's just WAY too packed.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank TheLydster
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Negative
Our room was shabby , toilet sink was broken and hot water in the shower wasn't hot at all.
There were loads of ants in the bathroom.
The aircon was build in the wall and was terribly noisy, essp in the night. It vibrated and made the whole window vibrate with it.
Breakfast was quite simple and not tasty: cold omplet, juice, some fruit.
Positive
The staff was helpful.
Great location right on the beach with fascinating susets.
There is also a restrant belonging to the sunset group not far. Liked it. Tasty food and very friendly staff.

Date of stay: September 2010