“" Relax "”
Review of Bon Ton Resort

Bon Ton Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Really a great place to explore especially people who love animals ( cats and dogs).
Always need to take care of the environment and don't spoil it. The food in Nam Restaurant really awesome especially "Nyonya Laksa"....superb

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Authentic wooden cottages, super friendly staff and some of the best food on the island. The location is also lovely: very quiet (only 8 cottages), yet close to the more buzzing and touristic pantai cenang for beachy afternoons and great dinners.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Words that come to mind when I think of this place are: cozy, charming, no fuss, warm. I followed the advice of fellow travelers and set my expectations accordingly when I arrived. I stayed at the Laguna, away from the highway. It offered marvelous sunrise and sunset views over the lagoon. The management maintains a very informal atmosphere and the staff are friendly helpful without being servile or excessively polite. To me, that was the biggest difference between Bon Ton and your average resort. This reminded me of a homestay.
There are no phones in the houses, so if you want room service, you need to walk a few feet to the reception to ask for extra water or anything else.

Over my four day stay, I dined two full days at their restaurant. Food is excellent but be warned, they have very generous dessert portions that can be a meal in itself! So make sure to pace yourself through dinner. The highlight of my stay was of course, the cats that wandered the resort. Each house has a resident cat. My cat was a sweet little creature, who loved to cuddle in bed. At check-in, one of the cats jumped into my lap and some of them roamed the guest tables at dinner. The staff understand however that not everyone is as fond of cats, so they will keep them away from you if you want.

The hotel is easily accessible from major sightsees like Cenang beach, the Skycable, Tanjung Rhu and Kuah town. Better to rent a car and drive around, the roads are very well maintained.
Other little touches here and there that I appreciated: if I went for a swim, I'd come out to find a glass of chilled lemon water at my deck chair. Or this one time I realized that the in-house travel adaptor didn't work on my MacBook cable and they found one for me without my having to go out and buy one.

Many reviewers have complained that breakfast should be served at the restaurant instead of you having to make it yourself and I can understand that. It really wasn't a problem for me. Their delicious home made breads and cakes stayed moist and fresh in the refrigerator. Only drawback was that it slowed my morning breakfast by an hour because I had to heat up the bread and make coffee myself. But the experience is designed to make you enjoy the experience from the house in peace and quiet. I only wish I could get eggs or bacon with that.

Only drawback for me was the pool size. One or two families could easily fill it and I had to wait till they all left before I could use it.

Room Tip: In general, try to take houses towards the lagoon
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It is a truly unique experience to stay at the Bob Ton. Friendly staff who are willing to go above and beyond for whatever you need, a beautiful environment, and great food. This isn't the place to go for all the mod cons, or if you don't like cats; but for our family it is a wonderful home from home.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

A place that serves great quality local food with a twist in the local village setting. The interesting part is the serving of traditional local food with the complementary that truly opens up one's appetite.

The traditional village setting makes it even more memorable. It reminds us of the laid back moments and to enjoy the Mother Nature.

Interestingly, they also run an animal shelter and you can see cats roaming freely and a few dogs rest at the edge of the restaurant.

Truly a great place to have a romantic dinner or to entertain your guest.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4.6 km away
Ambong Ambong
Ambong Ambong
#1 of 7 in Pantai Tengah

Been to Bon Ton Resort? Share your experiences!