All reviews liquor store next door new owners renovated room bathroom fixtures pleasant surprise free wifi motel soaps beds mattress accommodation tax highway pass paddock roads fernie
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great Place, reasonably priced, rooms very clean, nice patio area to relax at, after a long ride, everything you need within walking distance restaurants, 7 eleven open 24 hours and liquor store right next door to enjoy that evening with a glass of wine surrounded by the mountains and the Managers Lisianne and Wayne are awesome people.

Room Tip: Might ask for a room behind office so there is more of a buffer from traffic if it bothers you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank andydar
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here on the long weekend in September. Once I saw the room I was ready to leave. The only reason we stayed was because there were absolutely no other rooms available in the area. Everything was full. There was only a smoking room left, with 2 beds. The room smelled like a bar, very strong, no windows open. When I opened the bed, there were yellow stains on both the top and bottom sheets. They did not look to be washed. Pretty gross. One pillowcase was stained, and the pillow itself looked old, and was really discolored. Had apparently not been replaced in a while. Thank goodness the other bed was cleaner than the first, so used that one. The box springs, on the side were really stained also. The kitchen and bathroom were pretty clean. Carpets looked to have been vacuumed, but not thoroughly, corners and edges of room had a lot of stuff on carpets. Was pretty cheap, about 85 dollars, but still expect cleaner than thst for any price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank viisland
Management response:Responded 18 November 2016

Thank you for your review. We would like to let you know that the motel is now under new management. We have done renovations to the rooms (new paint, new flooring, new beds, linens, and bathrooms), and would like to the opportunity to improve your opinion of Paddock Inn (recently known as Stop Inn Motel).

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My friends and I took a trip to Vancouver, first mistake was going in the middle of January.......But with the bad roads and poor weather we came as far as Coleman on our first night.......we chose this motel because it still had vacant rooms (only 2 motels in town) the outside was redone with new siding and lights and "looked: very nice! We were in a non-smoking room and it smelt so bad like a horrible musty smell! The old panelling on the walls was not attractive to say the least and the old tin shower was full of mold! The room had not been vacuumed as there was chips and peanuts on the floor.....the bedding was not tucked in which led us to believe the beds were not changed! As we are all housekeepers from a Lodge in Alberta we know clean and we know how beds are to be presented.I will sleep in my car the next time or keep driving.........do not let the outside fool you as these owners are trying to do!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank luv2luvt
Management response:Responded 18 November 2016

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We weren't sure where we were staying along the way to the Icefield Parkway, but this cute little vintage motel provided a wonderful nights rest. The rooms were clean and comfortable and quiet even though it's located right on the highway. The rooms in the back corner were perfect. The front desk person was helpful and kind.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank demenshea
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed at the Stop Inn Motel on two different nights. Nov25Th and Nov27Th of 2011.This motel doesn't have a "24hr" desk clerk on duty but they will get up to accommodate anyone who needs a room. It's a husband and wife owned and operated business, Tom and Ruth McKee from Coleman AB. Both times, I called ahead and told them I wouldn't be there until very late (2:00 AM). Tom said he would leave the key "under the mat". Both nights, Ruth was waiting up to give me the key . She said that if I had to run that late, the least she could do was greet me personally. I had a good conversation with Tom the first day and found him very sincere and "down to earth".
The motel itself is not a "5star" but it is very clean and comfortable and the price is VERY reasonable. The sheets smelled like they just came out of the drier. Any time I need a room anywhere in The Crow's Nest Pass, I will definitely stay here.
I highly recommend this motel to anyone. Their Phone number is 403-562-7381. Tell them Denny sent you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business