2,868 results
All reviews coral nursery jala restaurant tepian laut datai bay north wing flying lemurs pool access room beach bar fish restaurant monitor lizards beautiful beach fish feeding morning and evening rainforest room main restaurant nature walk kids club
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We stayed at the Andaman and were bowled over by the location. Situated in the middle of a rainforest, and right in front of a white sandy beach with crystal clear waters, this was a perfect spot to enjoy nature and soak in the sun, sand and sea all at once!

To bring you even closer to nature, the resort also offers complimentary nature walks both in the day and at night. Do join in these walks as the friendly guides teach visitors how to spot the multitude of wildlife roaming free around the resort. We were lucky to see flying lemurs, hornbills & dusky leaf monkeys, just to name a few. We felt like we were truly living amongst nature!

What made our stay most memorable was the excellent service from all the hotel staff. Everyone we met from the moment we arrived till the end of our stay was friendly, helpful and professional. This was a perfect holiday escape!

Some tips:

The resort is quite a distance away from the main town so you will probably take your meals at the resort unless you arrange for transport to drive you out. However, there are a variety of restaurants at the resort and the meals we had were well-prepared and delicious. For the rooms, we booked the direct pool-access jungle view room as we wanted to have the pool at our doorstep. However, we only used it twice during the 7 days of our stay as it was more fun to laze on the beautiful beach and enjoy the turquoise sea all day. The sunsets on the beach are also quite amazing. So unless you prefer the pool, it would be better to pay for a sea view room rather than pool access.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank travellingfuriously
AndamanLGK, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear travellingfuriously,

First off, thank you for taking the time to write us this lovely review – my team and I do appreciate it.

It’s really lovely to hear that the service provided made your stay with us an even memorable one! Impeccable service is something my team and I strive for, so it’s rewarding to read feedback likes yours.

It’s true that we are slightly away from the central areas of the island. However, I truly believe that is exactly what sets us apart from the rest – the peace and tranquility you obtain at The Andaman is incomparable, as you would have experienced!

I am glad that you tried our restaurants on site, were you able to dine at all four restaurants during your stay? If you’re a fan a seafood, I would have to suggest Jala the next time you’re here!

Our Pool Access rooms are perfect for families or couples alike who like the convenience of stepping into the pool just a few steps from their bed with a little more privacy – but of course, our Seaview rooms with the magnificent view of the Datai Bay is pretty amazing itself.

Hope to see you at The Andaman again, travellingfuriously! Till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We stayed at the Andaman for our first trip to Langkawi, and we were thrilled. The resort was large enough to have a number of dining and activity options for our family of four, but small enough such that the staff offered personalized and attentive service. The location and setup is great, with an extensive pool that spills right onto a stunning beach. The only reason we didn't give this resort 5 stars is that our room was a bit small for our family of four. There was enough room for us all to sleep, but not much more. Also, we ate lunch at the resort twice - once on the beach and once in "The Restaurant" and were disappointed with both events. Despite these, we would absolutely return, and feel like there is even more to explore at the resort. . A special thanks to Mr. Alvin for his personalized attention.

Tips: Don't miss the night rainforest walk, we loved it; consider renting a car as was recommended to us to explore the island; books ANYTHING at the spa, the setting alone is worth it and splurge for dinner at Jala and go with the recommendations - this was a memorable meal for us. .

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sghill,

Thank you for writing us this review!

I am extremely delighted to hear that you chose The Andaman for your first visit to Langkawi – I gather that it was a memorable stay and I look forward to having you back at paradise.

I am sorry to hear that the room space was not up to your expectations. While all our rooms can accommodate two adults and two children, it does highly depend on our guests’ preference.

In regards to your experience at The Restaurant and Jala, I would truly appreciate it if you would be able to elaborate on the subject at hand. As with more information, my team and I will be able to work on improving the services provided.

Once again, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Andaman. There is loads more left to explore!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Spent 5 days at the end of Jan 2018 in an oceanfront room at The Andaman on Datai beach.Check-in was quick and the room was well appointed and bright - it had a small balcony which was a pleasant surprise with great views of the beach and bay.
Breakfast was a highlight of the trip with fresh baked goods and local Malay dishes laid out in 'The Restaurant' overlooking the pool.Speaking of the pool, we had it pretty much to ourselves and it is big with a toddler play area which is roped off.
We couldn't be happier with the beach which was kept clean religiously and there was adequate shade if you didn't want to be broiled!It really is a wonderfully long beach.We had the pleasure of seeing leaf eating monkeys come down to the beach in the evenings for their dinner :).
Room service and dinner options were very good.Had a great buffet dinner at Tepian laut on the beach front one day and it was so good that we had to go back another day for dinner.A resort is only as good as it's staff and they were really friendly and eager to help.

We had such a nice time here that my toddler actually had post vacation blues on our return home haha.

Highly recommended!

Room tip: 244 sea view room
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear F20116i,

First off, thank you for your kind words and the perfect score!

It is lovely to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Andaman. Our Seaview rooms often get rave reviews especially for those who love waking up to view of the beach – plus, who doesn’t?

Glad that you enjoyed the local spread at The Restaurant! I do have to suggest that you give Jala a try if you love seafood – Jala is known to have the freshest seafood pick. I see that you were lucky to spot the Dusky Leaf Monkey, it must be something the kids will remember from this trip!

I’ll be sure to pass on your kind words to my team, they will definitely appreciate it!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Andaman, till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Pros:
The Andaman i situated really beautiful in the rainforest with a fantastic beach. The food is the best hotel food we have experienced in all the restaurants. The staff was really helpfull and service minded.

Cons:
The coral reef is still pretty much dead

Advice:
Dont choose halfboard, fullboard or all inclusive. Its a better deal just to pay what You eat and drink. However, do choose the Kids Pass (SPG) its a good deal for food and drinks for the kids.
Do join the jungle walks, you get to see a lot of the local species.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jonatan S,

Thank for taking the time to write us this review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being nestled in a 10-million-year-old rainforest with a beach touted to be one of the best by the National Geographic truly has its unbeatable benefits. My team and I also truly appreciate your comments in regards to the service provided!

The 2004 Tsunami resulted in a massive destruction of thousands of coral colonies on the Andaman Reef – the detached deal corals from the Tsunami now move around through wave action causing further destruction to living corals and inhibits re-growth. However, at The Andaman, coral transplanting is an ongoing effort where rescued corals are eventually returned to the main reef flat – I do hope you were able to pay a visit to our Coral Nursery to learn more about this amazing effort.

Our guided nature walks are an absolute favourite amongst guest – did you try both the Rainforest Awakening and Rainforest Afterdark?

I hope to welcome you back to The Andaman soon! Till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This is our 3rd consecutive CNY to stay at the Andaman. This time we are unfortunately dissatisfied with the room. The bathtub was dirty with lots of small sands and fridge was not kept clean with scattered unfresh-look coffee milks. The fridge was not kept cold at all either. I booked the room one year ago at still premium rate...but the room is not worth it.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AndamanLGK, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear 100tetsuyak,

First off, I do have to thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Feedback from guests is something my team and I take seriously as it allows us to gauge our level of service and improve ourselves to ensure we’re able to provide guests with an impeccable experience.

Thank you for returning to The Andaman and I personally apologise that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. I will be discussing this further with my team during our next daily briefings to ensure this does not happen again. Good service is something we constantly strive to achieve and nothing less than perfection should be accepted.

I do hope however that you would be returning to The Andaman in the future – my team and I will ensure that you have a brilliant stay. Till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.