The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 142*
USD 127*
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
USD 293*
TripAdvisor
Sabrina Resort(Langkawi)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,594 results
All reviewscoral nurseryjala restauranttepian lautdatai baynorth wingflying lemurspool access roombeach barexecutive poolfish restaurantfish feedingmonitor lizardsbeautiful beachmorning and eveningrainforest walksrainforest roommain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We have been superbly happy at the Andaman. The setting is beautiful, the beach amazing, the rooms are spacious, well equipped and very nice.
The staff was open and merry, took their time to interact with guests, and would always find ways to help.
The food was very good, but pricey for what you get. Alignment between staff at the restaurants was often not good enough.
Although you are in a safe environment, you have the jungle all around you with many exciting animals like monkeys, monitor lizards flying foxes, hornbills.
We particularly liked the coral reef sanctuary - an experience not to be missed for children and adults alike. Hail to management that they make that possible.
All in all, we'd be back any time !!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Annemarie W,
Thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor and I am thrilled to know you and your family enjoyed the stay with our resort location…just wonderful!
Regarding our resort location, you are absolutely correct! The Andaman is further away from the main touristic areas…and because so many of the trees and fauna were protected and maintained from the very start, the wildlife had no reason to move …and so we all (guests, monkeys, lemurs, hornbills et al) live in perfect peace together (most days!).
Furthermore, I am especially happy to know you have visited our Coral Nursery and you have a great moment with Daia, thank you for highlighting our team efforts too – appreciated.
Last but not least, I am glad to know you are coming back to The Andaman for your return stay! Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you and your family again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

good resort in front of the best beach/bay of langkawi. you should go. big swimming pool. lot of space in the hotel, meaning even the hotel is full you can feel calm. good food with several restaurants. excellent room service. only the breakfast should be improved (not on the same level). the staff is exceptional. very warm full and helpful. the manager is really nice guy. I recommend you to see the botanist. really a extraordinary guy. we stayed one week and it was really exceptional. no doubt, go ahead. we will back soon

Room Tip: room on sea view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlosT706GC

Dear CarlosT706GC,
How kind you are… I am delighted to know you and your partner enjoyed the stay with our resort and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Datai Bay was recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic and I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia. The advantage of this is that our sand is coral sand, softer than seashell sand…and happily, even on the hottest of hot days, coral sand never gets hot.
Thank you for your compliments towards our associate and I do acknowledge your comment about our breakfast. Thank you for candor this to us and we definitely will look into this.
Last but not least, I am glad to know you are coming back to The Andaman for your return stay. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a glorious week in early March. The location is breathtaking. If you want an away from it all break at a first class resort I would highly recommend this hotel. The backdrop is a 10 million year old rainforest where jungle meets the sea.
My room was big luxurious and comfortable with excellent ensuite facilities.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The restaurants were first class. The Jungle night walking tour exciting with plenty to see. The spa is located higher up where I enjoyed a massage. I also enjoyed drinking a sundowner every evening at the beach bar and watching the most amazing sunsets. The biggest surprise when I checked out was my drinks and food bill; real value for money! I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Dear Tiger C,
I am happy to know you enjoyed the stay with us and I am especially happy to know you enjoyed our resort location. We are surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. We think that this combination of 10 million year old rainforest and coral sand beach is a little bit magical and certainly a little corner for this island. If guests wish to have a tranquil, peaceful holiday close to nature …this is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
It is kind of you to compliments our associate where they were friendly and welcoming – just as it should be!
Thank you for highlighting our Beach Bar, this venue does have the most gorgeous location in our resort when you enjoyed your drink and meals with the most gorgeous location right on the beach… and is the best spot in the resort to enjoy the sunset – just wonderful!
Lastly, I am thrilled to know that we may welcome you again at The Andaman. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I maymohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Everything was simply perfect, firstly, we were given an upgrade from the rainforest chalet to the executive pool suite! The suite was immaculate and had beautiful views of the Andaman sea! it had an expresso machine and a selection of wines for those who like a glass in the evening like ourselves. The consistency of service and food was second to none, and it wasn't too expensive. We will never have another experience like it but we hope to return. I'd like to thank Andaman and their team for such a memorably stay :) we'll be back!

Aimee and James.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Aimee M,
I am thrilled to read your review on our TripAdvisor and happy to know that you do relax and enjoyed the stay with our Executive Pool Suite… wonderful!
Thank you for your compliments towards our resort food quality and I am delighted to know you enjoyed the dining experience with us.
Once again, thank you again for the candor of your comments and I am happy to know we may welcome you again at The Andaman. Please do not hesitate to contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com if I can be of your assistance in person. My team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Nothing to not like!
A relaxed, easy sort of resort, the food was good, the staff friendly and everywhere is clean and tidy.
The beach and sea are picturesque, loads to do on the island and all a short taxi ride away.
We loved it!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick2701
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Nick2701,
I am thrilled to read your review on our TripAdvisor and happy to know that you do relax and enjoyed the stay with us… wonderful!
Thank you for your compliments towards our associate and I am thrilled to know that you the Datai Bay and it was recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic. The advantage of this is that our sand is coral sand, softer than seashell sand…and happily, even on the hottest of hot days, coral sand never gets hot.
Once again, thank you again for the candor of your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com if I can be of your assistance in person. My team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.