“Outstanding, amazing, paradise!!!”

The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Datai
Reviewed 22 July 2015

What an amazing holiday, I spent a magical 8 days here with my 2 girlfriends. Gorgeous sunsets on our balcony, fabulous food and restaurants. We lazed by the pool meandered to the beach an back again. The Andaman Sea is like a giant bath tub so warm and inviting. The resort was nearly at capacity but you wouldn't know it, we were extremely well looked after, the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There is plenty to choose from when eating and drinking. The Blue Andaman's were a favourite!!! If you're seeking a relaxing 5star holiday then this is it.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank JoanneAdelaide
AndamanLangkawi, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Dear JoanneAdelaide,
You are very kind in deed! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay with our resort environment. Thank you for your warm review towards our award winning beach, Datai Bay. It has recognized by National Geography as the 9th best beach in the world…I know that I am biased, but I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia!
It is kind of your to compliment our associate and glad to know that they were friendly and welcoming – just as it should be! Thank you for your comment towards our food quality and thrilled to know that you enjoyed our favourite drink – “Blue Andaman”.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and it is kind of you to recommend our resort to other traveller through Trip Advisor, appreciated! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.
Warm regards,
Christian Metzner

Write a ReviewReviews (2,431)

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Firstly, I'm stunned by the unbalanced reviews people post on here. If you are thinking of booking or have already booked you won't be disappointed.

We've been staying at the Andaman for the last 2 weeks and have had a great time. We ate in all of the restaurants and didn't have a single bad meal or experience. We actually found some of them (Jala & the Japanese in particular) to be excellent food and service. We also enjoyed the themed BBQ/buffet nights and found the breakfast spread to be excellent, I'm not quite sure what some of the other reviewers are looking for which wasn't available!

What we did find slightly annoying is some visitors, often here on shorter breaks were rude and demanding towards the staff and allowed their children to run wild at meal times. Personally we were grateful when they were asked to behave.

The other point worth mentioning is Christian, the General Manager. I've never experienced such a warm welcome. He is expectionally hands-on, chats to guests, brings round small daily 'treats' and supports his team. This is unusual but a sign of someone who genuinely cares about what they are doing

All in all, we've had a great time holiday. Lovely hotel, beautiful surroundings, good food and excellent service. Would defiantly recommend!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank taylor99

Dear Taylor99,
You have made my day! I am thrilled to know that you and your partner have a great time with us and thank you for posting this wonderful review on Trip Advisor!
Thank you for your warm review towards our resort food quality and I am thrilled to know that you have experiencing all of our four restaurants with your kind remarks on the food quality.
It is kind of you to highlight that our associate took good care of you and it was my pleasure to meet you and your partner personally during the breakfast time.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and it is kind of you to recommend our resort to other traveller through Trip Advisor, appreciated! We look forward to taking care of you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me via christian.metzner@luxurycollection.com if I can be of your assistance
With kind regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2015

For those who like solitude this hotel has it. Far from the madding crowd the pool and beach are serene and offer a special retreat from day-to-day bedlam. Rooms are OK - though my room lacked a balcony - but overall this is a great resort to kick off your shoes and relax. Not cheap, but pretty exclusive. I will return if I have a book to finish (one that I am writing).......

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear WH,
Thank you for your generous review on Trip Advisor – appreciated. I am happy to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us.
You are absolutely correct regarding our resort location…we are surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. We think that this combination of 10 million year old rainforest and coral sand beach is a little bit magical and certainly a little corner for this island. If guests wish to have a tranquil, peaceful holiday close to nature …this is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor…much appreciated! I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2015

We stayed at the hotel and upon checking in, received a free upgrade to the seaview. That was probably where the good news ended for us. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke and on the final day, the ceiling fan started spewing dust particles down on us. The Restaurant staff and stuff weren't great. The staff were unfriendly and were only too posh to serve Asians but took great lengths to serve the Whites. They couldn't give me a toss cos I am Asian and local. The breakfast spread also wasn't anything to shout about and i have a hunch that it could be leftovers from last nights Ramadan buffet.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank ilOovepeanutbutter

Dear IlOovepeanutbutter,
Thank you for your recent stay and for posting this review on Trip Advisor. Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our resort for your stay at Langkawi Island and I was sad and sorry to read your comments regarding your recent experience at The Andaman. It is never a pleasure to know that we disappointed a guest but I am always grateful for feedback so that we may learn and improve.
I am sorry to read your comments regarding the room you were assigned and I do acknowledge your dining experience at our restaurant. I am sorry that it was a cause of disappointment and sad to know that our service did not meet your expectation level. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our team at our daily briefing meeting. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you describe.
Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via christian.metzner@luxurycollection.com, I remain at your service.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Terrible food!
Terrible service!
Suppose to be a great last meal before we leave which totally dampened the end of a holiday.
Kids meal was first ordered at 7pm and it was served at 8:30pm after every other order was fulfilled. Unacceptable and the manager had the audacity to come reprimand us for our children who were cranky from having to wait 90 minutes for their food. Please have a no child policy in the restaurant otherwise.

Stayed: July 2015
6  Thank Pigletz
AndamanLangkawi, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Dear Pigletz,
I do acknowledge your remark regarding your recent dining experience at our “Japanese Restaurant” and I do understand that if the service did not meet your expectation level it would be a frustration, especially our service for children. We have shared your review with our team at our daily briefing meeting. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you describe.
I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest, but I am always grateful for feedback which is integral as we journey towards improving the guest experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services and rest assured that this point will definitely become a focus of our ongoing training initiatives.
However, I do hope that you may consider revisiting The Andaman again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. I accept complete responsibility for your disappointment. I will continue to reflect on the failings behind your experience at The Andaman. I remain committed to continuous improvement of our resort and our guests’ experience.
Your sincerely,
Christian Metzner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Datai
6.9 km away
15.6 km away
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
#1 of 16 in Pantai Cenang

Been to The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort? Share your experiences!