All reviews the pub babbington house somerset countryside spacious room visiting longleat romantic break shepherds huts hen party flat screen tv both mornings lovely weekend two nights cooked breakfast night's sleep tea and coffee full english family room
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We were touring around Somerset. My cousin lived in Lower Vobster, so we stopped for dinner. The meal was really good. My friend and I both had rib-eye steaks which were cooked to perfection. We asked for medium rare and that is exactly what we got. It was really value for money and the landlady was friendly, helpful andso obviously enjoyed having guests. I would go there again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: Did not stay, only ate dinner there
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed again - this time with four friends.

Dinner in the was excellent with beautifully presented, very tasty and sensibly prices starters, mains and desserts.

As usual nothing was too much trouble for Peta and her staff.

Looking forward to our next trip here already.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Just spent 4 nights at the Vobster Inn, it was lovely. Very clean room, lovely food and excellent hosts. There are only 4 rooms available at this property so you aren't faced with masses of people at breakfast, it's all very laid back.
We do intend to stay there again. The fox referred is an excellently stuffed one that is hard to tell if it's real or not, but as it lays on the bar it is obviously stuffed!

Room Tip: all rooms are ground flood, but room 4 has a direct door to the outside.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Greeted by the biggest smile I've seen for a long time The Vobster Inn was tucked away but easy to find with sat nav help. We took two rooms for 2 nights. Both had everything we all needed with very comfortable beds, good tv reception and adequate wifi. Breakfast was plenty and our evening dinner on both nights was superb. We found Vobster an easy 20 min' drive away from Longleat and 40 mins from Bristol.
Excellent, we'll be back. Terry & Kathryn from Kent.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

My son and I stayed here when visiting Bath university and we are so pleased we did. A warm welcome awaited us by Peta and her team. There was a well stocked bar and we could relax on the comfy sofas before being shown our bedroom. Comfortable beds with a stylish en suite awaited us and we both appreciated the roomy shower. A great choice of breakfast which we ordered the night before and set us up for the day, thanks Raf.
A gem of a place and one we will definitely visit again. Thank you Peta, Raf, Luis and Isabelle. Hope to see you soon

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family