“Delighfully friendly and spacious hotel”
Review of Hotel Aigon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel Aigon
Ranked #4 of 5 Vergina B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2015

The whole tone of our stay was set by my phone conversation to book. My Greek is approximately equal to her English, so there was no question of deposits or anything else. I booked using my first name alone and said we would arrive about 6, as we did, to be greeted enthusiastically and shown to a spotless and large room. Directions to the museum duly given, we disappeared to see the tombs and have supper (no dinner at the hotel). The next morning, after a great night's sleep in a beautifully quiet room, we were plied with more breakfast than even we could manage. Anastasia even went out to get me some fresh milk to add to my tea, instead of the dreaded condensed milk in tiny pots.
I am not surprised that the visitors' book was full of praise in many languages. This was one of the most hospitable places I have ever stayed, and I don't know why it's not packed out, at 60 euros a night including breakfast.

Room Tip: We were in Autolycus. I think it's the biggest. All the rooms are named after noted ancient Mace...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have stayed here at Aigon several times. The owners, Vassili and Anastasia are so accommodating and friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious! They make you feel right at home! I hope to visit there again and we will definitely stay at the Aigon again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We and our friends had an enjoyable stay at the familiy run hotel . the rooms are clean ,nice, good Breakfast ,excellent location to Vergina Tombs and Museum,no need to take the car, a few minutes walk. Anasthasia, her husband and his father are very friendly .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends