“Really recommend making the time to look round it”

Chateau de Franchimont
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Theux
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We were on a walking holiday and walked past the castle. We stopped to look round and it was well worth it. An excellent English leaflet (didn't bother with the audio guide) and a great castle to explore. We were going to go to the restaurant opposite but it was booked out and looked expensive anyway so we carried on for a mile to Theux where there are plenty of options

Date of experience: September 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Theux is the hometown of my grandfather, I used to go over there very often as a child and I never visited the castle. Tuesday I finally did it !! It took me 66 years lol and I wish I did it many years ago. Driving by with my daughter and grandchildren I said look right it’s the castle of Franchimont so we decided to visiting it. We had a blast wondering around the ruins and learning about the place since the 11 th century the audio guide explain everything step by step. You can go in the casmats 18 mètres underground and my grandkids did it. What a fun afternoon. By a hot day take water because it’s no vending machines and you will be thirsty going up and down all those steps ! Enjoy your visit !

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 10 April 2017

if you are in the area and want something to do to pass away a sunday then this is a good place to visit especially if you enjoy walking

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

When driving by or staying nearby this area it's really worth the visit. It's an old ruin of a castle with an guided tour (possibility for audio guide). Cool history and even the possibility to go 18 meters underground!

Date of experience: November 2016