“Lovely hotel”

Hachinger Hof Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oberhaching
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I was on business trip to Munich and stayed here for 2 weeks during Oktoberfest. Beautiful and peaceful surroundings. The room was cleaned well and staff was courteous and helpful.

Pros:
- Peaceful location
- Great breakfast
- Courteous and helpful staff
- Cleanliness
- The requests are addressed pretty quickly

Cons:
- If you are vegetarian, unfortunately there aren't many options in hotel food. No market in vicinity, nearest market is about a km away, so food option for vegetarian person are very limited.
- Its in outskirts, so difficult to commute without own vehicle. Nearest station (Furth) is about 1.5kms away from hotel.... and unfortunately the walking area is dimly lit. I was lost once in the area during late evening. Its good to carry a torch or use maps in mobile.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Stayed here on a cycling trip from Vienna. This hotel stood out of the many I had stayed at because of its attention to detail. Everything was well maintained, the room was very clean, good mattress, quiet location, very friendly staff, good restaurant; excellent value near, but not too near Munich. Thanks to the owners and staff!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Our room was exceptionally clean and well appointed but would benefit from in room coffee and tea making facilities. As others have mentioned the pillows are soft but you have to do is to ask for others. My husband stayed here 16 years ago for 10 weeks and the owner remembered him which made our stay special. The food is traditional German fare and is of a high standard, the breakfast is second to none, we judge all other continental breakfasts breakfasts to this one. The staff are friendly and efficient and nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We were in Oberhaching for a friends 60th Birthday and Hachinger Hof is a short walk from their home.The Hotel staff gave us a warm welcome, the place was spotless and the breakfast excellent. We enjoyed our stay and are happy to recommend it to others

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I could say a lot of positive things about HHH. Mind you, this hotel is not for everybody -- e.g. not for those looking for nightlife or easily accessible shopping. But for me it was perfect. If the word "retreat" sounds good to you, then HHH would be a good choice.

I was looking for a place that was close enough to Munich (where I was attending a conference), but where I could escape from the hustle and bustle. Two things, in particular, were extremely pleasant about my stay. First, it was quiet and peaceful. Honestly, I don't think I heard a single noise between 9pm and 7am. Second, I visited Munich during a heat wave -- temperatures over 90 fahrenheit. HHH does *not* have air conditioning, and I was prepared to suffer. But I was positively surprised! I'm sure that my room was never over 70 fahrenheit at night. How is that possible? The ventilation is excellent, the ceilings are high, the walls are thick, and the hotel has plenty of shade.

There are two other things that I found particularly appealing about HHH. First, the aesthetics of the building and rooms were very much to my taste. The pictures of the room don't really do them justice. The room I was in had intricate woodwork, recessed lighting, and a lovely little porch. Second, I found the in-hotel restaurant to be quite pleasant, both the buffet breakfast, and dinner.

One last comment about accessibility of downtown Munich via public transportation. I came without a car, and commuted daily via S-Bahn. The walk to and from Furth station is less than 15 minutes, and not strenuous. There is a busy highway to cross, and unfortunately while I was there, the pedestrian overpass was under construction. It's not fun to cross that highway on foot. But when that overpass is completed, the walk will be very pleasant.

Room Tip: comfort single room (newer building) was wonderful