“Lovely surroundings and immaculate”
Review of Nant y Felin

Nant y Felin
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Reasonable prices for such high quality food.

We arrived very tired after a busy working week to a lovely relaxing restaurant with smiley staff and huge welcome back greeting at the bar.

The glasses were spotless and I noticed the manager hold them up to the light to polish them before they see the wine.

The menu was amazing ...with lots of gluten free choices and I was spoilt for choice and I would recommend anyone who has dietary needs to ring ahead and the chef ‍ does his magic with his gluten free flat breads to go with home made pate which is superb
The service was just right and my husband had a steak cooked to perfection.

Don't underestimate the fish chips on the menu ...made with a light gluten free batter for me and was a speciality and the fish tasted lovely.

Puddings and ices and pastries for afters ...fantastic.

We drive from Chester to eat here some 40 minutes away..worth every minute of the journey.

The menu changes quite often which is nice uhh

1  Thank Yvonne M

Reviewed 22 October 2017

A lovely place for a relaxing Sunday lunch. This was the first time my wife and I have been here and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the attentive service, just how a Sunday should be. The choice of dishes seems to cater for most discerning eaters and the sectional is first class.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Had a delicious pate to start and the most fantastic chickpea and coconut curry ..absolutely gorgeous ..and the portion sizes just perfect...service spot on ..beautifully decorated inside .can^t fault a thing ..

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

As a foursome, our wives have their birthdays around the same time.....so we went for a evening meal to celebrate. This was a first encounter for me at this restaurant and I was not disappointed. The decor was lovely, the ambience was lovely for an evening meal, the service was just superb and most importantly the food was excellent. I'm reliably informed that lunchtime food is just as good. In my opinion this place is well worth a visit, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went to Nant y Felin for the first time for Sunday lunch. We were the last serving. Nice ambiance, attentive but not "in your face" waitresses, and food served on HOT PLATES!
Thank goodness,at last a restaurant which does not try to be trendy but concentrates on good food correctly served.
Some places will try to serve soup in a culinder, I'm sure, but Nant y Felin does it right. The salmon starter was very good, as was the chicken liver pate and the soup. We all had the roast beef for mains, very good, and the veg. was freshly cooked, not droopy 'end of sevice' stuff. The roast potatoes were on the hard side, but no problem. All round an excellent meal.
The cheese board (£2 extra) was tasty and good value. The barra brith caramel pudding and custard tart were also much liked. All in all a very good meal, and at £17.50 for three courses, well worth it.Will go again to try the evening offerings.