“Lovely restaurant, great food and friendly staff.”
Review of Happy Days

Happy Days
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Agay
Price range: USD 23 - USD 34
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

A last minute drop in but we were found a table immediately. Food was excellent as was service. Lovely vibe. Don't let the name fool you. This used to be a themed diner style restaurant but has been refurbished though the name remains. It offers a great fish and even better steak menu, a good wine and beer list and and a wider and more interesting menu than the name suggests. Book in advance. It was very busy on a Monday night.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 30 August 2018

the place is splendid (near the beach, beautiful view at the bay), the interior and exterior very well modernized, the dishes are delicious and the staff is friendly and careful.
the meat is very well here

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I was very happy to bring a friend to eat at one of my favourite restaurants in Saint-Raphaël area - but disaster struck - after eating their super tartar de thon- my main arrived - steak fillet which should have been ‘à point’ was very well done - I mentioned this and was treated to a lecture by the boss - after which a less cooked replacement did not arrive- so my friend ate alone - and the bill arrived stating that the offending over-cooked slab of beef had been given free - it had actually been removed and our much anticipated lunch engagement was ruined. The abrupt end of 8 years of patronage and recommendations to others. Go there if you want to be insulted and treated like an ignorant idiot. I am bilingual- no language problem was at issue - just a sad rude restaurateur with mega attitude problem. And they wonder why less people come to the Côte D’Azur!

HERNANIM, Propriétaire at Happy Days, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Madam,

We are really sorry to read your comment as we are always trying to give the best experience possible.

However we would like to give our version of the story to try to defend our work too :
When we took the order, you asked for a "à point" steak fillet and your friend accompanying you, a steak fillet "more cooked than yours" which is equivalet to "bien cuit" in France.
We brought you the plates and at some point you called us, saying there was a problem with your meat being too much cooked.

At this right moment, I was the person in front of you and I realized and told you that you exchanged your plate with your friend. Telling you that it was the reason why it was indeed "too cooked" as it wasn't the cooking you asked for.
You answered me that the "à point" steack fillet was the right cook for your friend and that yours should be less cooked.
That's when I start explaining you the different cooking in meat (bleu / saignant/ à point / bien cuit) trying to make you realize that what you wanted was a bloody meat (saignant). Sorry that you took that as a lecturing from me...

Your photo is the perfect evidence that all was fine with the cooking of your meat as this is " à point " as you asked. (before exchanging it with your friend)
Then you said you were not hungry anymore which is the reason why I did' nt serve you anything else.

Beef is our speciality and I am myself a butcher. All the beef pieces are boned on site and we have been doing that for the last 25 years.

Sorry that you did not live this experience as expected but once again we are only here to deliver the best quality as possible with the right cooking (explaining people when they sometimes don't know how they like the meat cooked).

Thank you for your loyalty to us for all those years.
It will be such a pity to stay on such a bad note so we invite you to come back soon and we will make sure to please you.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic last night having a meal at happy days sat out on the front and couldn't complain about a thing had the best rib eye steak ever

HERNANIM, Propriétaire at Happy Days, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thanks for your comment!!! see you next time ?!!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing. We ate the fish ( cod and tuna). It was amazing. The service was very nice and the view was outstanding. I highly recommend this place to anyone in Agay:-)

HERNANIM, Propriétaire at Happy Days, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank's so much for your comment!!!!