1,062 results
All reviews al fresco happy hour pool area on site esterel mountains take away great holiday lovely site st raphael agay beach south of france kids club crazy golf great facilities high season flip flops table tennis
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We have stayed here on a number of occasions over the years in July due to work and decided to again this time out of the school holidays. What a difference, check in was quick and efficient and we were in our mobile home in no time, no queues this time! I spent a lot of time at the pool and had the pick of the loungers and sometime the pool to myself!!
We enjoyed our time and found it a really relaxing and pleasant stay, also hiring a car on the mostly empty coastal roads was a bonus, and went to Agay many times for dinner or just to walk. It is without doubt a beautiful area and the location of this site is excellent.
We intend to return, but will do in June when this site is quieter.

Room Tip: A mobile home away from the bar area is advisable, as it can get noisy at times.
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We stayed a couple of nights in our motorhome on our travels. Very good site, good swimming pool/park. Toilets & showers clean and hot.
Nice forest to walk our two whippets around.
Shame it's a little bit out the way from shops but has got a fully stocked shop on site.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The caravan was nice but they looked a lot bigger in the pictures. The mattresses weren't great at all.
The pools were lovely but small enough and I'd imagine in peak season could become quite crowded.
The water slides are great fun for kids and adults. The Jacuzzi we had was brilliant and spotless.

My main issue would be with the staff. I found them quite rude in the restraunt and reception. My son cut his leg quite badly in the pool and although the staff at the pool were quite helpful I had to go to reception to get a covering and they wouldn't give me one telling me I had to find a chemist. He had blood running all down his leg and they couldn't spare a plaster.

Overall, I liked it for the pool area and beautiful surrounding areas (the croniche d'or to Cannes is well worth doing) and my kids would probably give it more stars than i would but it's definitely not a 5

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 16 June 2017

This was our 2nd stay at Esterel Caravaning campsite with Eurocamp, one year on, and I have decided to downgrade the stars to 3 from 4, and add a critical comment about customer service. I would be more hesitant about criticising the customer service were it not for independent support from a young woman (nothing to do with our party), and the fact that our experience was identical both years. It might also be thought churlish, because the campsite remains an outstanding location, and our accommodation (Aspect mobile home) also excellent. There are also excellent facilities.

But at the heart of any customer experience is the people that deal with you and the way the organisation is geared up to meeting your needs. Our experience of Reception both years was like dealing with a British public sector office in the 1970s/80s, and I believe French public sector even now. No attention to whether people were queuing nor how long for, no flexibility in adding extra staff if there was a queue, adherence to procedures above all else. The 30 minutes I spent waiting to check in last year after a 5-hour drive (and the 15 waiting for a returned deposit on departure), and the 15 minutes on arrival this year, have deadened my soul and seriously affected my feelings about the campsite. The staff on Reception don't seem to be enjoying life either; it was mutual.

Note that none of this relates to the Eurocamp couriers who were all excellent. The problem is you can't be checked in by Eurocamp until the dead hand of the campsite bureaucracy has run its course.

The WiFi is erratic and mostly very slow, by French or British standards, and not infrequently unresponsive. I believe there are new boosters to address the problem, but the campsite don't turn them on routinely. If that is true, why would they want to damage the customer experience? What serious vacation company these days is satisfied with poor internet connection for its customers, and what rating system is willing to award 5 stars to a campsite without adequate internet?

To end on a positive note. The walking in the Esterel was wonderful as last year. We discovered this time, but only on our last full day, that you can walk right into the heart of the Massif from the entrance to the campsite, no need even to move the car. It's a beautiful, stunning area for anyone who loves countryside and walking, from leisurely strolls to serious hill walking.

1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

This site is by no way a 5* campsite. We were shown to our pitch which was basically dried soil with stones and only clumps of grass here and there. The tap for the water was broken off and finally after two days of complaining a maintenance came to fix it! The staff were not interested at all. Surely maintenance should look around the site and make any repairs before arrival of clients.the restaurant has a basic menu, not what you would expect for a 5* site. I went to book a spa and was told they did not have anyone until the following week, surely if it's a year round site they should have all facilities open. We will not be returning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple