All reviews south of france overnight stop one night reception area is great stop over hotel two double beds outdoor pool we've stayed reception staff convenient stop public areas well worth a visit play area quiet location croissants air conditioning climbing frame
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I love The Golden Tulip...I stay here overnight throughout the year on my way to Uzes. It’s spacious with a good restaurant and terrace to eat outside. The bedrooms are quiet. For me, it’s the young relaxed friendly staff who make my stay the best. Very helpful and professional and always a pleasure to see again. Thank you.

Room tip: I like the layout of the bedrooms with the second door for more privacy. The only fault is the beds are a little hard for me.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived midnight. A clean friendly hotel. First time we have stopped here. It will be our regular stop off point from now. We didnt get to see much because we arrived late and left early. I liked what we did see and ths service we got.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

The lobby and breakfast area were clean and functional but some of the furniture was worn. The outside landscaping needs work. The room was standard size. The bathroom was disgusting with a shower curtain I did not want to touch and the entire tub area could use sprucing. Really can’t believe this is considered a four star hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped over here on a drive down from uk to spain. This broke up the journey really well. Beautiful and welcoming hotel, very trendy interior, spacious rooms. Dogs welcome for an extra €12 or so. Morning buffet breakfast is out in at a reasonable €15 a head or so. Starts at 6am. Food in the evening until 22:00. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve been stopping at this hotel for a few years on our way to the South of France or on our way back. It is located close to the motorway (but no noise) and has a secure car park, which is perfect when your car is full.
This time we have noticed some nice changes: the entrance/reception area has been changed (includes carpet that looks like wooden floor), the corridors to the rooms have also been refurbished and look much smarter. We had a family room with 2 double beds. Bathroom seemed new and was very clean. Room was just what we needed.
It is getting harder to find hotels in France, which cater for family of 4 as it seems that the majority stop at room for 3 or offer 2 adjoining rooms (which doesn’t work for us with young children), so it is great to stop here, which is family friendly.
We have never tried the food - Troyes city centre is only 10min away and is well worth a visit as it is beautiful and full of lively restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2018