The St. Regis is considered the best hotel on Mallorca. It definitely has a lot to offer, but will have to step up if it wants to keep that status going forward. Overall we spent a good one week holiday, but found that cost - benefit wasn't great.
Room: We booked a double room and asked for sea view and upper floor. We got that and were made aware that we were awarded an upgrade. We probably had the smallest balcony of the whole hotel and no sun the whole day on the balcony. Otherwise the room was ok and everything functioned. No fruit is delivered, it seems that costs have been streamlined. Considering a room rate of around $ 900 a night more attention to details could be given.
Newspaper: We asked for a specific paper and got a different one each day. After calling twice we gave up.
Restaurants: We ate twice at the Aqua restaurant. Both times we waited 15 minutes until we were able to place the order and 45 minutes until the first course arrived. It seems understaffed, especially also during breakfast. We ate lunch at the pool restaurant, the quality of the food is very good. However it is brought from the main building without a cover, so it arrives lukewarm, actually a shame for the good food.
Management: No welcome letter from any manager, noone ever contacted us to ask how we liked it, no welcome drink or any contacct whatsoever. It seems that management is relaxing on status and not trying very hard. Our impression could be wrong, but that is how we felt.
No tours, excursion suggestion, jogging slopes or anything is made available in the room or anywhere, possibly we looked at the wrong place.
In summary a very nice hotel that is not trying very hard. Again, possibly the big success of the hotel has slowed things done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort is one of the most prestigious resorts of the Mediterranean. Located near the exclusive area of Puerto Portals between the Tramuntana Mountains and the sea this hotel offers to its guest a unique experience of luxury and tradition. The tailored and personalized St. Regis butler service, along with the captivating views from the rooms and the exceptional restaurants will create an extraordinary experience impossible to forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Hotel Costa d`En Blanes
- St Regis Mardavall Mallorca Hotel
- Mardavall Hotel
- St Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort Spain/Majorca - Costa D'en Blanes