In May of last year we went to a "Blue Couples" hotel in Rhodes, Greece: Atlantica Imperial Resort. If you're into traveling without kids like we are, I can recommend the hotel in Rhodes. Unfortunately, that hotel wasn't an option when we wanted to go on holiday in February. That's why we ended up at the Suite Princess-hotel in Gran Canaria, another hotel for people over 16 only. Can't say we had a bad time at this hotel, not at all. But our expectetions were a bit high after our marvellous expreience with the Blue Copules hotel in Greece and I'm sorry to say that Suite Princess didn't meet our expectations. But if you're on your way to Playa Taurito and Suite Princess is booked and ready: You are not to worry. You will have a good vacation there (although maybe not a good meal)
Overall impression of buildings and pool area:
The hotel was built in -84 and refurbished in 2010. Still the hotel itself is an ugly building and somewhat.. well not shabby, but not top class either. The pool area is kept quite neat with some palm trees and green bushes, but I guess what I really missed was even more plants, trees and flowers. That would be an easy way for the hotel to make the hotel itself more welcoming! I also missed lawns. I like walking on grass when it's all snowy back home! The pools are good but both could have been heated instead of just one.
We upgraded to a superiour room (Junior Suite) and therefore can't say anything about the "normal" rooms. The room was spacious and situated on the -2 level, which sounds a bit dodgy but really wasn't. Our balcony was overlooking a small lawn and some trees, the ocean a stone's throw away. In the superior room you get sunbeds on the balcony, which we thought was rewason alone to upgrade! Comfy big bed, a sofa, refrigerator (in superior rooms only) and a small flat screen TV. Good bathroom. We were satisfied!
This is what really disappointed us and whay brings down the rating fot the hotel. The breakfast was good. The problem was that you have to eat masses at brekfast to get through the day: a lousy lunch and a sometimes even worse dinner. Don't be fooled by the looks of the dishes at lunch/dinner. The food was generally either tasteless (no spices. No salt. It was like eating fancy looking hospital food), more or less okay or even icky.
I missed a good selection of salads and vegetables. Seriously - some tired lettuce and cucumber just don't do! And how can you make aioli - garlic sauce - without any garlic?! If you're 80+ and have survived a war, you might find the food good. Otherwise not. I will not write any more about the food, it just makes me feel nauseous thinking about it! Oh, and the "Romantic Five Course Dinner" you can go to is NO better.
Wine in taps- no good. Wine in bottle (for those who upgreaded): slightly better. The white and rosé better than the red. Cava on tap: no good. Cava for upgraded people: OK. Cocktails with imported liquors: Good. Cocktails with local liquors: Wouldn't want to try!
Coffe machines: Excellent.
A boring place with nothing to see but as we like to hang out by the pool, we were satisfied anyway. The beach has black, soft sand and it's easy to go for a swim from the hotel.
3 chicks arranged boule, petanque, water gymnastics and other crap and disturbed the guests. I seriously think they were on dope or something. Every hour or so they ran around the pool area shouting something. A woman next to us said to herself: "For god's sake I'm on vacation!" I agree. Give the guests a break!!
The couple singing an playing guitar was great, the pianist good and the rest of the evening entertainment not worth mentioning.
We came home relaxed and to sum it up: The room was good, the pool area was good, the drinks were just fine and I'm once again very happy we chose an "adults only"-hotel.
The food was bad and the overall look of the hotel and hotel area a bit dissapointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suite Princess is a hotel for adults (16 years and above) who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation directly at the sea. The 4 star hotel is located in the sunny south of Gran Canaria, the picturesque Puerto de Mogán is just 4 km away. All rooms of the adults only hotel feature sea- or garden view. The Suite Princess in the bay of Taurito boasts two buffet restaurants, a theme restaurant and 3 bars. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Three times a week there are theme nights featuring food from Italy, Spain or the Canary Islands. The Gala Night offers international specialties. The entertainment programme not only includes sporting activities such as aerobics, aqua aerobics and archery but also culinary delights. Suite Princess guests may look forward to cooking classes (paella, tapas, mojo sauce), wine tasting, cocktail presentations, sunset sessions with cava and canapés and the weekly Black&White night. For those who just want to relax in their holidays may choose between sun-kissed or nice, shady spots in the pool landscape of the hotel. Jet Ski , parasailing, jetboat, flyboard or banana boat - Watersports fans are definitely spoiled for choice. One of Gran Canarias leading Watersports-Centre is located at Taurito Beach. Wi-Fi (chargeable) is available in the public areas of the Princess Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Suite Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Princess Hotel Taurito
- Suite Princess Grand Canary
- Hotel Suite Princess
- Suite Princess Taurito, Gran Canaria