“Amazing food & great service”
Review of Charcoal Lane

Charcoal Lane
Ranked #5 of 336 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Price range: USD 18 - USD 36
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After years of intending to eat at Charcoal Lane, I finally got around to it & I was not disappointed.
The service was first class & the food is stunning.
I ordered the Emu for entrée and the Wallaby for my main. You might be surprised to know that this is world class fine dinning. Simply wonderful! I would recommend to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t rate this restaurant highly enough. We recently celebrated a 60th birthday at Charcoal Lane and the food was fantastic; the venue was terrific and the staff were fantastic. Sylvia was terrific to deal with prior to and at the event. She worked hard to make the occasion flow smoothly and catered to our every request. We were made to feel special all of the time.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I watch a lot of Masterchef Australia and was very curious about trying native ingredients (not just meats, but also herbs and veggies), so we booked a dinner here. We liked the concept of the place as well, and we were ready to wait a bit longer for dishes if need be, this being a training restaurant. But we needn’t have worried. Our lovely waiter and the kitchen paced our meal very well and in between we were well stocked with drinks and everything we needed. The food was surprising and very tasty. Our highlights were the caraway bread, their new tasting platter and the white chocolate parfait dessert, these dished had the most surprising flavours as far as we were concerned. The main dishes (where you can try most of Australia’s unusual meats) were perfectly cooked and very nice as well. All in all we had a wonderful meal, very good wines to go with our dishes and excellent service. Thanks for a memorable night!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

After frequently complaining about waiters with attitude who like to tell us of the restaurant’s philosophy and how we should eat our food, we were greeted by our delightful waiter River who explained he was a trainee and would welcome any feedback. He was polite, informative, very helpful and a great young man. The service was fantastic. The food was also delicious and the chef went to great lengths to cater for us with a vegan tasting plate and vegan dessert. We loved Charcoal Lane and its great Australian feel and food. Great work River!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Sandra N
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I've been very lucky over the past 12 months. This was one of 3 unforgettable meals I've had recently. So, apparently I love emu and kangaroo. But truly, what this place does with flavors is magnificent. Tour Australia through wine, produce, ingredients and innovation. Please support what they do here. We loved it

Date of visit: January 2018