“Cool & Excellent Fitzroy Dining Experience! Highly Recommended!!”
Review of Cutler & Co

Cutler & Co
Ranked #4 of 324 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent restaurant in Melbourne !

My husband and I went to Cutler & Co during our gateway to Melbourne! The restaurant is located in the hipster and trendy neighbourhood of Fitzroy - the restaurant is beautiful, recently refurb but a bit noisy! We were in the room at the back, service was excellent, and staff lovely!

We took the degustation menu and everything was perfect! My favourites dishes were the oysters (on top) but delicious, the heritage tomatoes with shiso seeds & of course the duck breast that the staff presents you before you eat ;-)

Congrats to the team and chef!

Highly recommended restaurants in Melbourne! Don't hesitate!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We wandered in one evening, we didn’t have a booking, and we were seated in the bar area. It had a lovely feel about it. We will definitely come back again. It is now one of my favorite places to visit in Melbourne. Loved the decor, loved the food, loved this place!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Very excited to get a table here - they did ask about allergies which was great as I’m wheat intolerant.. however it was so noisy we couldn’t hear each other very well.

The fish was dry and I suspect was frozen as I had a similar dish in Apollo Bay which was amazing..

The restaurant looks really cool and the wine was good but the calibrate of food didn’t quite match the hype.

1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went with six people to this restaurant in trendy Fitzroy. We came from Sydney. I loved the food (had quail and roast suckling pig: both exquisite), the wine, the advice from the staff, the service, the attentiveness of the staff. But despite the fact that my better half thinks that I am overstating it, the noise was offsetting. We were between two other tables of about 8. I felt sorry for the couples who thought they would get an intimate dinner. In fairness to the staff, one of which heard that we thought it was noisy, the maître d offered to move us. That was attentive. I would go back again but not on a on a Friday or Saturday. If I could give this restaurant 4.5, I would. It is that good.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

It started with wonderful attentiveness from the staff (which lasted the entire evening), was complemented by a lovely atmosphere, and completed by excellent food. We were also very well advised on wine selection.

If I could name one fault it would be the music. It did improve slightly later on but the most of the evening I thought that the music was just plain annoying (it was not appropriate for the class I was of the restaurant or the clientele), which is a pity.