“A fabulous way to spend an afternoon”

Copacabana International
Ranked #189 of 307 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We did not know what to expect but ended up being totally blown away by this place. We met friends for lunch, and were a bit hesitant when we arrived on a Sunday afternoon to find that there was a group of people finishing off a dance class. This soon finished and then the music began...there was a fantastic swing jazz band with about 18 members playing brilliant jazz, and the dancers then all got up and danced their hearts out. The dancing was so entertaining to watch, the music was great and the food was also fabulous. I had a quinoa salad which was delicious. We met the owners and it was obvious that they have a passion and a love for this place and put their heat and sole into making it great for their patrons.
I think they have a monthly Sunday afternoon jazz session and would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Worst service, management and staff I've seen in the last 20 years. Floor show was cheap and nasty and don't bother ordering any drinks as the so called bartenders (more like cheaply paid students) have no idea how to mix or prepare any at all. Place is a fire hazard and disaster waiting to happen. Meat was good otherwise 0 starts would have been a more appropriate score if it was possible.

Spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Food was ok, the meat was tasty but maybe a bit salty in my opinion. , salads need to improve ,need more improvement ..Entertainment! What entertainment an old guy shaking his backside and dancing with two ladies from the public that's it... entertainment was very amateurish..That is not a Show!!
I was actually embarrassed and I find it the dancing girls are good and dance well but not what I was expecting , many years back the show girls were amazing it was a really Brazilian style ..., Now you look at them an it need some improvement , more girls and guys dancing floor , it look so cheap show.. and host does a good comedy act but I found it rude to the public (Ladies) overall has a lot of room for improvement.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I am from Queensland and have been to a few Brazilian restaurants up there, but my friends have never ever been to one, so went here last week Friday night, I had brought a Groupon voucher for six people. I noticed the way the food's served is a bit different, such as customers getting their salads first whereas in QLD they're brought out to the customers on their tables. Also there wasn't a big range of meats served, such as garlic beef, tri-tip beef or kangaroo, but it was still good, especially the rump cap. Then we had the dessert and that was great too, some type of pudding I think. Of course it had a very South American vibe, with latin music blaring and soccer plus latin dancing on the big screens. Next the Rio dancers, and capoeria guy came on stage and gave an amazing performance, very funny and was a good improv guy. Finally individuals from each table were brought onto the stage for a group dance competition, is was hillarious. All in all we had a good night, and I think it is worth the Groupon voucher.

1  Thank Toan N
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Was here for a group function and it was a fun night out with a buffet salad bar and meat on swords. Dancing and shows after dinner was a good way to finish up. Enjoyable.