“Nice Brazilian experience with my friends at Copacabana”

Copacabana International
Ranked #217 of 331 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I am from Queensland and have been to a few Brazilian restaurants up there, but my friends have never ever been to one, so went here last week Friday night, I had brought a Groupon voucher for six people. I noticed the way the food's served is a bit different, such as customers getting their salads first whereas in QLD they're brought out to the customers on their tables. Also there wasn't a big range of meats served, such as garlic beef, tri-tip beef or kangaroo, but it was still good, especially the rump cap. Then we had the dessert and that was great too, some type of pudding I think. Of course it had a very South American vibe, with latin music blaring and soccer plus latin dancing on the big screens. Next the Rio dancers, and capoeria guy came on stage and gave an amazing performance, very funny and was a good improv guy. Finally individuals from each table were brought onto the stage for a group dance competition, is was hillarious. All in all we had a good night, and I think it is worth the Groupon voucher.

1  Thank Toan N

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Was here for a group function and it was a fun night out with a buffet salad bar and meat on swords. Dancing and shows after dinner was a good way to finish up. Enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I had a group of 10 to celebrate my birthday. Had been there 4 years ago and thought it was great but this time a huge let down.
The service was average, the food was below average from memory we has a slice of beef a chicken wing and a chicken heart offered at our table for the whole night.
Sides and salads are better at a local pub.
Entertainment! What entertainment an old guy shaking his backside and dancing with two ladies from the public that's it
I was actually embarrassed that I suggested this place to my work colleagues

2  Thank goodfoodlover2016
Reviewed 4 December 2016

A very enjoyable night, great meat bbq, the salads were average, service good, entertainment very good

Reviewed 13 November 2016

The place has lost it gloss over the years...the venue looks tired and run down, the ceiling above us had signs of damp damaged with flaking paint...the food is not as good as it used to be. On this night the Sound System kept playing up and entertaiment was very amateurish.