All reviews local restaurants finca el cerrillo second visit painting holiday walking holiday honesty bar carob tree malaga airport nothing is too much trouble stunning views attention to detail multi level evening meals are swimming pool exceeded our expectations excellent food first class
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My husband and I stayed in this beautiful Finca a few weeks ago and we really enjoyed our stay – though it was too short. The finca is situated in tranquil and beautiful settings and there’s such a homely atmosphere and you really feel welcome as soon as you arrive. We are already planning to come back next year.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IngeMalm_
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I booked a week of walking at the end of March after too long an absence and found the welcome warm and feeling like a returning friend. The food was wonderful and every bit as good as I remembered from my previous stay with an excellent choice of well priced wines available from the honesty bar.
The walking was in the most beautiful countryside, varying from moderate to challenging due to altitude (reaching 2068m on the last day). We were treated to the the most spectacular views of Spain locally and across the Med. as far as the Rif Mountains of Morocco (130 miles away).
My only regret of this visit was my leaving as I had to return to work the following week.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter N
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Wonderful setting ,beautiful views.
Owners very friendly and helpful .Beautiful place to come and unwind.
The accommodation is of a very high standard as is the food. Allergies can be catered for.
They have many different types of holidays available. For example walking and painting holidays . I would suggest suggest looking at their web site for full details.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We normally never go back to a holiday destination, but were tempted by an Autumn break at the Finca el Cerrillo, with some walking, wine-tasting, a magnificent lunch in a mountain restaurant, walking tour of Frigiliana. lovely food and the magical Finca itself. It is just perfect, the gardens, sitting areas tucked away all over the grounds, the rooms all different and quirky and such lovely hosts, Sue and Gordon, who organise everything so well. Unfortunately I had a fall on the second day, but was able to recuperate on our private terrace with comfortable seating and a lovely view over the valley, and the special atmosphere worked wonders. I was able to enjoy parts of the holiday, especially the wonderful food taken in the cosy dining room, and at various local restaurants. Everyone was very friendly, and most of our fellow guests had been many times before (and were booking to come again!). Sue and Gordon have a magical formula somehow, and the whole place just works. Thanks again for a special week.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank somscot
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is an exceptional place, made special by the owners who clearly love it and want their guests to love it too. Excellent location, beautiful bedrooms and public rooms, excellent food, and lots of quirkiness - eg the treehouse with honesty bar! We stayed with a Headwaters walking holiday and couldn't fault the hotel, the walks, the guide - all in all an unforgettable experience. All the other guests were 'returners' one couple on their 16th visit!

Room Tip: all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple