All reviews wedding venue ceremony room wedding breakfast perfect wedding day bridal suite guests commented on how wedding coordinator evening party evening reception roll top bath french doors luxury room evening buffet sunday lunch lovely hotel full english following morning
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Our stay was part of a Christmas surprise for my wife which included taking in a concert at the O2 Academy.
On arrival parking was very easy and the hotel is set in lovely grounds. Check in was very good and the receptionist very professional. Our room was on the ground floor, was spacious, very clean - as is the rest of the hotel - and had access to a small outside terrace through French doors. The bed was very comfortable and the temperature in the room was very good. HOWEVER........ The hotel is just off a quite busy road and as there is no double glazing the HGV's using the main road are clearly heard, though worse than this is the internal noise, having stayed in room 1 you can hear EVERYTHING from the adjoining bathroom and the bathroom from the room upstairs and when is say everything that is exactly what I mean!!! I think had our bathroom not been on an outside wall I would have been very uncomfortable using it. Another smaller issue is the light in the corridor outside the room on full it seeps through under the door and down the side of the door to an extent that makes it easy to see in the room fairly clearly with all lights off. My recommendation would be stay in an upstairs room until such a time as sound proofing is improved.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1 at all costs.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

I stayed hear for a nice weekend and chose a double room. First impressions of the hotel. It was beautiful. Well maintained. You can have a nice walk round (would make a fab venue for my wedding) greeting by staff if exceptional so polite explain everything. Little touches to the decor and modern touches is stunning. I loved it. Got to the room. Beautiful not big as i thought the deluxe would be but didnt spoil it one bit. I had a air bath what i loved. Bed was really nice. View from the window just made it perfect. Tv kettle wardrobe everything you need. I like the fact that some things look a little vintage but yet with a modern twist. I enjoyed it i felt really refreshed and its stunning views decor i would love a wedding hear also. I woke up to a lovely wedding fair on thanks woodlands keep up the good work i will be back again
Fiona and steven

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2016

My husband I stayed here for 1 night for the Valentines Package (£219 for a deluxe room, 4 course dinner, a bottle of prosecco and a rose in the room and a full Yorkshire breakfast).

Booking was ok but could be improved I feel. The hotel offers lots of different rooms at different levels (executive, deluxe and luxury) however, photographs and descriptions of the rooms are not available online. The only ones I could find (on booking.com) were inaccurate - I found a deluxe room we wanted to stay in but when I requested it with the hotel they said it was a luxury room (more expensive). The hotel did agree to email me photographs of the deluxe rooms on offer which was good of them however, I feel this could really be simpler for everyone if these were just available on the website.

The room we stayed in was called 'Dimity'. It was a good size with a lovely bathroom with roll-top bath, independent shower and his and hers sinks. There was one big problem with the bathroom - it had French doors in it leading out in to the car park with a set of vertical blinds that had gaps in them so when we were using the bath we were concerned that people would be able to see through.

The restaurant offered a nice romantic setting for our Valentines package with candles and rose petals on the table and soft music. The song we had our first dance to when we married was played which was magical! The food was divine; I ate mushroom and tarragon soup to start with a roast chicken supreme for the main and shared an assiette of chocolate with my husband for dessert. My only gripe was the breadrolls - there were a selection however, they all contained nuts and/or olives (I don't like either) there were no plain ones. To be fair, in hindsight, I could have enquired if they had any plain ones available. The service was generally efficient and the lady who served us mostly (young brunette with a thick Yorkshire accent) was pleasant and personable. A young man was less pleasant - we felt looked down on by him. There was a long wait to have our dessert plate cleared so we left without this being done. We fell in to the trap of getting water 'for the table' which set us back £3 or £4 when we got the bill on check-out (this could be alright for some but I would be aware of this next time and wouldn't order it again). Our breakfast was very tasty but all of the foods were crammed together on the plate, e.g. scrambled eggs with beans on top, and I personally don't like this with wet foods (personal preference so I haven't marked the hotel down for this).

We were disappointed to find that although there was a mini-bar in a cupboard underneath the television in the room it was empty. We ordered room service which was reasonably priced in my opinion.

All in all we had a lovely stay. The food was fantastic, the room was beautiful but the blinds in the Dimity bathroom definitely need looking at! The service was hit and miss depending on who was serving us and could be improved with some staff I feel. We will definitely be back for food and probably try again for a stay if we fancy a treat as we don't live too far away.

Room Tip: Dimity is lovely but beware the gaps in the blinds in the bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Just stayed hear for 1 night as a special treat for our annivwrsary was not happy with the size of the room i have had a bigger room in a travelodge at half the price also my husband had to keep climing over me to get to his side of the bed as the bed was squashed up to the wall there was also no curtains in the room so all the light came through even with the blinds closed i am very disapointed that i have sent 3 emails and left a message with my number to be called back by a manager but still no reply so not very happy

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Emily W, Manager at Woodlands Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your stay, especially as you stayed with us for a special occasion.
The rooms here at Woodlands are all different shapes and sized with us being a boutique hotel, however, I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the room allocated to you.
As for the manager response I can assure you that this is not the normal practice here at Woodlands and I will make sure the matter is investigated.
I hope you will choose to stay here at Woodlands in the future, if you do so please email our reservations manager rebecca.gledhill@woodlandsleeds.com who will ensure you are allocated the best available room.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Just had afternoon tea at this hidden away little gem.The hotel is set in wonderful grounds, and is very well decorated, the restaurant is charming.The afternoon tea was excellent quality and value, and all served by polite well turned out staff.What i would like to know is what brand of tea do you use as it was superb in flavour. The scones and fruit tarts were delightfully light and i would assume, homemade.Would definatley recommend you try this venue, we may even return for a nights stay when next in the area.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family