2,053 results
All reviews genting arena minute walk leisure club bar meals birmingham airport train station leisure facilities reception staff sat nav burgundy restaurant booked this hotel bit dated visiting the nec breakfast room steam room main restaurant close to the airport
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The hotel is very well positioned for the NEC - we were attending HOYS and stayed 4th October for one night. The staff were very pleasant. However we had an issue in that our TV would not work. We reported this and were told someone would come to look at it, which they did, quickly. We were told they would organise a room swap for us with reception. This took over an hour and six phone calls before eventually someone came - we received several promises of "on the way" for no-one to materialise. However, the Manager looked into this on checking out and gave us a gesture of goodwill which was appreciated. The hotel restaurant is fabulous - very good quality food, plentiful and beautifully presented. The area used for breakfast needs more food stations as the queues were enormous and out the door. Some areas of the hotel need decorating/finishing. And due to an event being on at the NEC the prices were 3 times normal price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bevj123
MichaelDSimpson, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear bevj123,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am pleased to see you had a good stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back for HOYS 2018.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Last year we did a day trip to HOYS this year decided to stay over and go to the Saturday evening performance. Parking good, found a space straight away, check in efficient and easy. Room 201 very nice twin room (travelled with my mum) facing the car park. Room clean and beds very comfy, tea/coffee provided. Very quiet considering close proximity to BHX, you do get a bit of noise from other guests closing doors etc but what do you expect in a hotel! Close to Genting Arena, you can walk but we opted to use a2b taxi service who were excellent. After a fab evening at HOYS, it was nice to return to the hotel and get a good nights sleep. Went down for breakfast which is buffet style, lots to choose from and good food but flipping expensive at £12 each. I only had a small fry up and coffee, little bit greedy on price I think. I would consider staying here again but would not be keen to pay £12 for breakfast!!

Room Tip: Bring your own food.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MichaelDSimpson, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear clare p,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following on from your stay at Arden Hotel.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel as it had everything you would need and was only a short walk (15mins) to the NEC which is why we stayed there for a gaming conference.
Breakfast was included and this was very tasty and had special items available on request (vegetarian items and boiled eggs etc) however service was quite poor on this front (I think it was because it was a fully booked weekend we stayed).
Leisure access was also complimentary and again this included a gym and generously sized swimming pool.
The rooms were clean and complimentary tea and coffee items were available however the bathroom was quite old fashioned and could do with an update soon.
There is also a restaurant and bar at the hotel and drinks at the bar were very cheap compared to prices in and around birmingham (£3.20-4.40 a pint)
I would definitely stay here again especially if I’m coming for business purposes at the Nec

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear pombeyar1,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following on from your stay with us at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club.

I am sorry to learn of the service you experienced at breakfast. I have liaised with the staff team on that morning and I understand that there was a rush due to the number of guests leaving for events at Birmingham NEC at the same time. My sincerest apologies if service slowed for you on these dates.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely nights stay whilst visiting horse of the year show.the bar staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choices and well presented food.we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MichaelDSimpson, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear mandy g,

Thank you for your lovely feedback!

I look forward to welcoming you back for Horse of the Year 2018!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Booked by the company for an event. Location fine, parking ok and and and that’s where it ends. Rooms are tired, loads of noise from air con units, loads of noise from other guests, hot water pipes in the wardrobe which is disconcerting putting on warm clothes, bar meals quite poor and steaks that are an insult, and finally breakfast with rubber eggs and horrible coffee. This place should have a serious look at itself and give itself a shake.

Room Tip: Avoid room 133 with hot water pipes in the wardrobe.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Alan D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I am sorry to learn of the issues you had during your stay with us.

I will ensure your comments are fed back to my management team, and we will ensure that this is something we work on for the future.