See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Room was fresh, clean, comfortable with flat screen TV and en-suite. The price was exceptionally reasonable for what you pay for. We had a family room and it was really spacious. Great view out over the bridge and the river. The food was great - never sen a plate of Langoustines like it! My wife and kids had the classic Bridge Burger and we both said it was so nice to not get frozen chips and burgers but proper home made ones. Simple menu, but all the food we saw was proper pub grub cooked well and you could tell it was cooked to order because asking for changes to what was offered on the menu wasn't a problem and kids can have half portions of real meals not just the typical fish fingers or sausages. Staff were welcoming and happy to help us plan activities, service was pretty prompt even when busy.
The selection of whisky in the bar is really impressive. Having a dram by the fire was a great way to end our days out and they even organised a babysitter.

Room Tip: Ask for one to the front of the hotel to get the views over the Kyle.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie D
Bridge_Staff, Barmaid at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Thanks for the great review! Your family will always be welcome here!

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Cold Dirty and lack of interest from staff.
Toilets dreadful
Was going to eat but when chef came into bank his whites were Filthy
This place needs money spent on it and fast
No Highland welcome here .

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

I'm really sorry this was your experience of our Hotel. It is normally quite different and very warm and welcoming. The chef had probably been working very hard. He is no longer with us and our new chef has very high hygiene levels in the kitchen; as one would expect.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We knew nothing about this place before deciding to have lunch there. My 80 year old friend and I opted to share the special - langoustines, then each have the haggis parcel entrees. Totally amazed when the first came out - 12 for 14 pounds. Everything was delicious and beautifully cooked, so as foodies we were thrilled at being served great food. Service was friendly and we will definitely return during the week we will be staying in Taint. It may not be the most salubrious looking place but it's clean, neat and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robyn H
Bridge_Staff, Barmaid. at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Thanks for the lovely review! We always appreciate people taking the time out to give us their opinions. I must say I love it when guests order the Langoustines because their faces are a picture when the platter arrives!

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

We were here with my family and just wanted to eat proper food. Well... It went wrong in every possible way. First of all, coffee was not the real one, but instant one. I thought that was ok, because in most places it is like this, but the soup and all other dishes was no go. Even the ice cream was somewhat different from real proper ice cream. My kid really likes ice cream and he didn't finished it... Definitely won't come back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mindaugas V

I am really sorry this was your experience of the Hotel. I have worked there since the end of August and we have never served instant coffee. You must have been unlucky and had yours the day the coffee machine was replaced with a new one, and perhaps it wasn't up and running at that point. We serve Americano all day every day. All of our food is cooked fresh to order and I hope if you were unsatisfied you told the waitress when she checked on how your meal was? We are always MORE than happy to replace or return anything a customer isn't completely satisfied with. The Ice Cream is Carte D'or so perhaps a bit rich for kids, and we will take note of that when children order it in future. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Has potential, very friendly service however I don't think it is hygienic at all, the rooms filled with small spider and giant mosquitos, no net on windows not to mention the old everything, not in a charming way.
I think this place needs urgent maintenance and most importantly pest control. Had to borrow the bug spray from the reception.

Too bad! it has potential !!?

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

I'm not certain which room you were in, but we have refurbished all of the rooms and the furniture is new in all but one where it is very adequate for a room we only charge £29pngt. I think it is good to be realistic about what you are purchasing. Old stone buildings over 200yrs old will very often have spiders in them. We don't have mosquitos in Scotland but we do have very small midgies, and they are notorious. However I don't know a single hotel in Scotland that puts nets on the windows to them. Perhaps we should set the trend?! Midgies are notorious and there is no preventative pest control for them. No British spiders are harmful, but we would have been happy to remove them if you informed us they made you uncomfortable with them there when you borrowed the insect repellent.
The Hotel is undergoing a total refurbishment. All 14 rooms were closed for the first year of the current Owners take over. We now have 7 rooms back online, all refurbished with en-suites. We hope to have a further three shortly as well as a remodel of the downstairs to return the original conservatory to the front of the building.