“Wonderful Italian”

Cena Trattoria
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Yarm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Yarms premier Italian restaurant, providing artesian pizza's from our Woodstone oven and hand made pasta's made daily in premise. We are open Monday to Saturday from noon all day. Reservations taken for our first floor dining room and first come, first served walk in basis downstairs.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely location cosy but bustling. Food and service both equally outstanding would go back every day if I could!

1  Thank J D
CenaYarm1, Manager at Cena Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi

Thank you for your kind words and we hope you visit again soon.

Many thanks
Joe

Cena

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Cena to celebrate my birthday. I haven’t been recently but have always enjoyed visiting before. Thankfully it was as good as I remembered, great food and great service. My cod risotto for starter was delicious and my chicken and chorizo pizza was equally as good. All washed down with a few peronis, perfect. Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited for Saturday lunch with family including a nearly three year old. Great menu choices including the children's menu and quality ingredients and cooking presented some great dishes enjoyed by all. Excellent service in a great atmosphere at a busy time.

1  Thank DavidTeesValley
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had lunch with my wife and 2 kids since we heard good things about this place. Though the ambience was nice and the service was good, the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. The pizza dough was not of good quality and it did not rise properly in their gas fired oven. For comparison you will find a more authentic pizza at Barbarossa in M’bro. The rest of the dishes, the soup and crab cannelloni, were very dull and unimpressive. Not what I call an authentic trattoria...and certainly not Italian

1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I went into Cena and we had no problem getting a table and the choice on the menu was good for every taste.

For starters my wife and I both had the Calamari and my goodness it was fresh and very very tasty and the sauce it came with was superb.

For mains I had the Lasagne and my wife had the Crab Cannelloni and the Lasagne was piping hot and very very tasty. The Crab Cannelloni was filled with a Crab mousse and my wife throughly enjoyed it.

Overall it was an excellent meal and it was getting very busy but we did not wait long for our food and I will definately eat at Cena again.