“great meeting place for lunch”
Review of Lotus Lounge

Lotus Lounge
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Yarm
Price range: USD 4 - USD 39
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017

friendly staff, good food aet reasonable prices. Pizzas made to order - watch them being prepared. Clean and pleasant surroundings.
Transforms in the evening to a lively bar with music. Trendy and up market for modern day trend setters.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Food ,Drink and service was excellent. We had different things off the menu everything come out hot which is rare in other places when we eat out.The staff are really nice all seem very young but you couldn't fault them.

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Five pounds for a pint of Peroni is extortion. Bar staff are miserable and arrogant. Will never go back.

7  Thank kevinchurch1
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I went with my Mother and Daughter for a quiet lunch time treat . I found the food to be of a good quality , the menu is limited as such but still an excellent choice. This was explained to us as it is under new management and come October will have a full refurbishment and all new menu. I look forward to it and will certainly go back. We had a beautiful 3 course meal with drinks and coffee to finish with, at a very good price. The staff were very friendly and greeted you with a smile and attend to you through out the meal without being intrusive. Roll on October .

1  Thank nan23bailey
LotusLoungeYarm, Manager at Lotus Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, we're delighted to hear you're as excited as we are for October!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Management

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Went on a Saturday night with three other friends.
our overall impressions was that the menu was limited in choice, the description of the foods was very flowery and limited.
The Beef burger was overpriced at £12, should have been no more than £ 8 and the accompanying fried were of McDonalds style and type. I estimate the burger was 25% overpriced
They should have been hand cut chips as standard for the price, which were available for other dishes. Consequently because of the price everyone apart from one person had a burger,
The steaks were very expensive in my opinion.
The quality of food taste wise was okay.
The atmosphere was good, but downstairs became very loud and noisy after 9.30pm and it was difficult to decide was it a restaurant or a disco ?
Drinks were £5.20 for a pint of Peroni upstairs. Should have been no more than £4.00 regardless of it being in Yarm.
The restaurant was busy, I hope my honest comments are reviewed and considered.
Would I visit again?- No.
There are other choices in Yarm to visit more appropriate with a more varied menu at a better price.
out of 10
I would give it 6/10

3  Thank travellinglegend

To whom it may concern,

Sorry to hear you weren't overly excited by your visit with us. We feel that £12 for a burger, fries and salad is a pretty reasonable and industry wide independent business price point, especially when you consider they are handmade and cooked to order. This same point carries forward to the steaks, at £20 we feel again that this is a very fair price point for premium sirloin steak, hand cut chips and salad. As for your final point, the price of Peroni, at '£5.20' I can only assume you misread your receipt as we again carry a very fair and standard price of £4.80 (for Yarm high street).

If you have any queries regarding your bill please do not hesitate to call the restaurant and I'd be more than happy to discuss with you.

Regards,