All reviews fantastic friendly service large ensuite fan provided roast beef pretty village cooked perfectly sunday dinner african theme comfortable bed visiting friends good size very comfortable stay cooked breakfast following morning stayed for one night drovers bath
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

To start with it is not a hotel but rooms above a pub! Not all rooms are air-conditioned! One of the main reason for me to book this hotel was supposed to be air-conditioned!!!

Room is right by the main road, noise and hot. If anyone has rated this more than 2 stars, I must have gone into a completely different hotel.

To make matters worse, I have someone managed to come into my room while I am asleep using another room key. Seriously hotel owner, there is a lot of work to be done.

Will not recommend this place for anyone else. :(

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sammer T
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Dropped in on my way back from Colchester, had been meaning to for a little while!
A v.small clientele as all others recovering after a late night of revelry and football itus!
Anyway was made to feel most welcome and was told yes they would prepare something for me. A delicious steak with an Italian pint.
Very friendly, also a good size Resturant if the bar is busy.
Will be going again soon

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank anthony_lyster
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Drapers for a drink and some pub food. Was told at 8.45pm that they were too busy and no longer taking orders. Not that busy and relatively new owners. We live in the village and know that they haven’t been there that long. We weren’t the only ones told this. 2 other males were waiting for a burger since 7pm (now 8.55pm). Suffice it to say we will not be returning. A restaurant that is refusing pub food so early ... not good!
Heading to the Lion. Never been refused food there and lived in village for 5 years. Need to remember that you need local people in the winter, won’t be us. Awful way to run a business!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Max-york7
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I Have been going to the Drappers for 6 or 7 weeks And have ordered a childs portion as I cannot eat a large portion. . The childs portions were even too large with a cost of £5 and I always left some. Lat week I decided to take some of my family and was informed that I could not have a childs portion So to save causing a fuss in front of my family I asked for an adults portion and left most of it.. When I spoke to the owner she said they were bringing in OAP portions at £7 . S this week I went back and ordered an OAP portion at £7 After over an hour I finally got my meal Now I was the only one eating so it shouldn't have taken that long After 45 mins of waiting I went outside for a cigarette and saw the kitchen staff laughing and joking in a covered in area by the kitchen instead of cooking the meal When I eventually got my meal 1 hour and 5 mins after I ordered it. The portion size was enormous so ended up leaving half of it. What is so hard about doing a small portion A couple of slices of meat a couple of roast potatoes a small Yorkshire pudding and 1 dish of vegetables not 2 The then charged me £8 not £7. I will not be returning as I cant stand to waste food And as they wont let me have a small portion it will always be a waste of food

Room Tip: I have no idea what the rooms are like but not many people seem to stay there
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank trisha056
Reviewed 22 May 2018

3 of us stayed here (in separate rooms I would add) for 2 nights over 18th/19th May and have no complaints whatsoever. The rooms are really well decorated & kitted out. Bathrooms are very clean, showers etc all great. We could have slept in those beds for days if we didn't have other things to do they were that comfortable! Thanks to June and her staff. We had a great time in & around Earls Colne, made all the better by the base we had the good fortune to choose to stay in! We'll be back.........but unfortunately not until 2020! Chris, Ian & Keith.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends