1,595 results
All reviews humber bridge afternoon tea spa treatments evening meal wedding party neck and shoulder massage booked this hotel great night groupon deal food was lovely weekend break one night stay comfy bed excellent value for money biscuits full english yogurt
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Only stayed one night to meet up with friends. Have stayed here before and the service and rooms excellent as usual. Breakfast was good and plentiful.
No amenities in the immediate hotel area so I think that a car is needed.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We chose the Halmark hotel as ideally situated for our requirements. Visiting elderly Aunt & Uncle living in Beverley and visiting Hull, the city of culture!
Checking-in was quick and efficient. Warm welcome. Room a decent size, clean and warm. Everything worked! Comfortable bed. Breakfast was really good with lots of choices. Set us for the day! We chose to eat in the hotel restaurant the evening of checking-in and weren’t disappointed. An excellent fishy meal. Cooked to perfection.
All staff were extremely friendly with nothing too much trouble.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

So a couple of nights in Hull to visit The Deep and this hotel has a DBB offer over the Easter weekend what could be better? Two rooms for two nights (Friday 30th March & Saturday 1st April), nothing simpler until the online booking comes back and only shows dinner for one night. So it’s on the phone to reservations who couldn’t fathom out what was going on so they split the reservation into separate days so we now have four reservation numbers. Ok as long as that works. We also book a time for dinner for both nights and get an email acknowledgment. Shaky start but everything seems to be in order now.
So we’re now on the 28th March, two days before the break starts and I get a message left on my mobile from the hotel confirming the stay for two rooms for ONE night. So ring the hotel and after a bit of keyboard tapping I’m informed that the booking is for two rooms for two nights as it should be. ‘So why have you rung me about arriving Saturday?’ I ask the receptionist, ‘I’ve only been given the Saturday arrivals to ring’ she replies, ‘why didn’t I get a call about the Friday arrival then?’, yes, not a clue. She then tries to get me to upgrade to ‘executive’ rooms which I decline (more on that shortly).
Now it’s Friday, the day before the break starts. Just checking the credit card and Hallmark have taken another £178 (the break had already been fully paid at time of booking as that was the condition). Ring the hotel again and yes, they have absolutely no idea why that had happened but they will refund straightaway and upgrade both rooms to ‘executive’ as compensation.
Arrive on Saturday before check in time so decide to have a snack in the bar first. Hardly busy yet it took 25 minutes for 2 club sandwiches. When they were served I asked for two coffees, however this request takes lower priority than the waitress sorting out a pile of till slips with someone from the kitchen. I allow 10 minutes for shuffling of papers then remind the waitress of my order, this results in a flurry of drink making so I wasn’t the only one having to wait due to the paperwork backlog. The upside of this is that the sandwiches were very good!

Now to check in. Amazing, the receptionist confirms the whole booking, including the dinner reservations without having to be corrected. Although she does have to be prompted to confirm that the promised room upgrade has happened. We are also given four drinks vouchers. Whether this is additional compensation or an alternative to the free glass of prosecco that was in the offer I don’t know, the receptionist wasn’t very forthcoming with more information but anything is better than prosecco so off we go to the rooms.
Well, if these are executive rooms I don’t know what the standard rooms are like. The Hallmark website has the following to say about the Executive rooms:
“most magnificent views of the famous Humber Bridge and River Humber” – there would be magnificent views if the architect hadn’t put the bathroom on the outside wall thereby leaving a small window to see the outside world through. Also the window has a fixed uncomfortable bench seat in front of it facing INTO the room. To benefit from the restricted view a free standing easy chair should be used instead. The combination of having the bathroom on the outside wall and very dark furniture means what little natural light gets in has to be supplemented with lights at any time of day.
“They're large, comfortable and equipped with everything you need to chill out plus a few little extra touches.” – no larger than standard rooms. I spent a while looking for the ‘few little extras’ but clearly they were so little as to be invisible.
The windows are in urgent need of attention. They are poor quality and the opening window had dropped making it impossible to close without lifting it first, which wasn’t easy due to the fixed bench seat. From the way the whole frame moved it was clear that many occupiers before me had resorted to trying to slam the window shut but that had just loosened the frame fixings.
Just think, they were trying to get me to pay for this ‘upgrade’ only a few days before….

And so to dinner. Very good (bet that came as a shock!). Very efficient and pleasant staff, food was well cooked and tasty (although the menu lacks a bit of imagination and variety but OK for a couple of nights). On the second night our reservation wasn’t on the list so clearly the receptionist had told us porkies when we checked in. However we were still able to get a table.

TIPS - ask if there's a wedding on. If you don't want to be kept up half the night by noise from the function suite ask for a room away from that. Also try and get rooms away from where said wedding guests are in as the ignorant bunch staying on the Saturday night thought everyone else should be woken up when they decided to turn in.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The hotel is in a good location with good facilities. We opted for room service the first night and the food was lovely. We had breakfast included in the stay and this was of good quality with lots of variety. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable, the hotel also provided a travel cot for our baby. The only downside I found was with a pram the hotel isn't very accessible and we spent a lot of time lifting the pram up and down stairs to our room and the restaurant, I didn't see a lift. The meal in the restaurant I the second night was nice but I ordered of of the specials but one of the components was unavailable, an alternative was provided and it wad tasty but I was looking forward to the mussels that were advertised. These are only small points and on the whole the stay was lovely and all the staff very friendly, this is our second visit to a hallmark hotel and we would definitely book with them again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The staff were all extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed and the bathroom spotless.
Great breakfast, plentiful choice and good quality and the evening meal in the restaurant was excellent too. We had a great deal so it was brilliant value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

WOW! Thank you for your fantastic 5 Star Review.

It's great to hear that you found the Team all extremely friendly, efficient and helpful; and that that you enjoyed your comfortable guest room.

We are delighted that you experienced a great breakfast and an excellent evening meal in our Grill Restaurant.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hallmark Hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards,