All reviews stayed here standard holiday inn national holidays sofa bed alton towers easy access good nights sleep plenty of parking buffet breakfast would stay again evening meal one night stay excellent value for money family room east midlands airport full english nottingham
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Myself and a colleague agreed to meet here. We parked, went into the hotel, and ordered coffees, and paid. We both left after an hour and a half. We saw no signage regarding parking charges. Two weeks later, I received a demand for payment of £100 from a scam company called Parking Eye. I am now attempting to appeal it, but it is wasting my time. So my advice is do not use this hotel for business meetings at all.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Samir S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel. I note that you have received a parking charge and would be pleased if you could call the hotel and speak to Reception with regard to this. We do have several signs in our car park informing our guests about the Parking Eye system. We also have further signage throughout the hotel in our bedrooms, meeting rooms, lounge and bar areas advising visitors that they need to enter their vehicle registration number on the screens at Reception. I apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

We only spent one night and the hotel is on the outskirts of town but very convenient to the motorway. Rooms were comfortable, clean and plenty of hot water. The restaurant was very good, the food very nice and the prices very reasonable. Plenty of free carparking. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Samir S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I have shared it with the team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I stopped overnight. The hotel itself is nice and very easy to find.

There is not much within walking distance of the hotel tho (shops etc) but ideal for an overnight journey stop. Big free car park

Drinks are expensive but they have the monopoly as nothing else around.

Food was nice and breakfast buffet was excellent.

Rooms were basic but functional, not much of a view (well from my room) Staff were helpful.

As other people have said about the Wifi - It mentions free but you have to sign up to their rewards program to do so. Free I would assume it being free.

I would return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Samir S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent visit to the hotel, your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to improve the services that we offer our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Upon first sighting, this Holiday Inn resembles a Butlins holiday camp.
This being said, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the food is good and the staff are lovely.

The bar prices are ludicrously high, considering if you walked down the hill into Sandiacre, you can buy two drinks for the price of one in the hotel.

Perfectly located in the middle of major roads, it's ideal for a meeting, but not for a romantic interlude.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Samir S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent visit to the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve the service that we offer to our guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Characterless, boring, microwaved food, lousy coffee. Tiny bathroom. Toilet flush faulty. Previous room occupant's newspaper left. I remember once thinking Holiday Inns were above average. Have they changed or have I?

Staff helpful and cheery. Trying hard.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank David W

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel and for your constructive comments. The comments you have given are not indicative of the usual levels of service and quality of food that we provide, I have therefore shared your feedback with the management team so that they may investigate the reasons why. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and hope that this will not prevent you from staying with Holiday Inn again in the future.