“Awesome spot awesome accomodation.”
Wood burning stove - ahhhh It's the Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Wood burning stove - ahhhh
It's the Kitchen
Living room from the bookcase
Living room from behind the television
Main Bedroom - my favourite anyway
Bedroom 2 - it's twins....beds
Chapel Stile - cows eye view
Chapel Stile - sheeps eye view
The Chapel of Chapel Stile fame
Chapel Stile - birds eye view
The Cottage from the middle of the road
Wood burning stove - not quite sure why I have 2 photos of the stove but it's better than none!
Floor Plan
The Games Room with brand new Pool table - just in case it rains!
Village shop - 50 yards away
Village shop welcomes novices!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Colin224
Perth, Australia
“Awesome spot awesome accomodation.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I have no hesitation recommending The Old Post Office. There were 7 of us and we had a great time. It is ideally situated in a small valley and great for trekking around the Lake District. Accomodation was excellent and we particularly like the games room which kept the younger ones (and a couple of the older ones) entertained in the evenings. The facilites are excellent with everything you need. There is only one bathroom but two toilets. We are from Australia and toured all around England and can honestly say our highlight was the week in the Lake District partly thanks to our stay in the Old Post Office.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The Position
Liked least: One bathroom
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 May 2014
Thanks for your kind reviews Colin and glad you enjoyed your stay at The Old Postmasters Cottage. You refer to the Old Post Office which is next door - did you tunnel through!! No worries, others have made the same mistake - maybe I should change the name to something completely different?? The 2 cottages were originally internally joined - next door being the Post Office & shop (they once had petrol pumps outside!) and my cottage being the living quarters of the Postmaster/mistress. And yes, having just 1 bathroom if you have a big party is not ideal, but the second and separate toilet at least allows for 'emergencies'. Hope you had a safe journey back to Oz - hope to see you back next time you're over. Hooroo, Warren
martyb187...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A well equipped cottage in a beautiful location. Cottage is warm and cosy with a fantastic little pub a stones throw away. Warren was very helpful with all our questions - nothing was too much trouble. Stayed with our two dogs who loved the walks. A smashing place that we will definitely return to.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
7 Apr 2014
Thanks a lot for your kind review. And thanks for looking after the cottage. I must admit I'm always a little nervous with dogs staying (unfortunate incident last year) but with every doggy guest, my confidence is being re-built that most dog owners are responsible and respectful people. Oh yes, and my cleaner passes on her thanks too - she's never had an easier clean!! Warren
Linda B
Aughton, United Kingdom
“A beautiful Cottage - everything you need and more!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

What a lovely stay we had in this clean, well equipped cottage. The scenery that surrounded us was breath taking. The cottage has everything one needs and even more! A wonderful place to stay and i am sure we will return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The thoughtfulness that had gone into the cottage - a home from home.
Liked least: No complaints.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Mar 2014
Many thanks and great to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Langdales are wonderful even in February but sublime in summer. And I do keep adding little things to try and make it more a home from home - it's actually better equipped than my main home! Hope to see you back soon. Warren
WestWales...
Ceredigion
“Home from home in a perfect setting”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

The cottage is cosy and well furnished with everything you can think of from household items to books and games to keep everyone amused whatever the weather. Seven of us, a baby and our dogs had a wonderful weekend despite the weather but then it wouldn't be the Lake District if it didn't rain! Warren(the owner) sent a very comprehensive list of eating places and helpful hints - he couldn't have been more helpful. There is a payphone in the cottage that was extremely useful when my son broke down as there was no mobile phone coverage. Really hope we can return to The Old Postmasters Cottage soon. Thanks Warren for renting us your lovely cottage.

21 Mar 2014
Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad you had a good time despite the weather. Having experienced the odd rainy day in the Lakes myself, I know it's good to have some things to do indoors to keep you entertained - and that's why I keep adding things to the games room! Hope to see you back and I'll sort out some sunny weather for you next time....Warren
mschillpi...
England
“Lovely holiday home in an excellent location”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 for a stay in August 2013

We were 4 adults and a child. The lovely cottage had everything we needed including interesting books and a pool table! The owner was extremely helpful in providing us with detailed and clear notes which included everything from directions to the place, where to park and the best places around to visit/ eat. The cottage itself was ideal for calm, picturesque walks. We had an extremely relaxed holiday. In my opinion, lack of wifi and patchy mobile signal worked wonders in helping us unwind totally! We would totally recommend this beautiful cottage.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful location
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
21 Jan 2014
Thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately, the "lack of wifi to help you unwind" has now been spoilt by me installing broadband wifi. I was torn between putting it in or not, as it is nice to not feel the pressure to check emails all the time, but I had too many people asking for it.

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope the wifi doesn't put you off returning in the future!

Warren
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing