“Amazing jacket potatoes and lovely cakes”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Shefford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Serves alcohol too. The jacket potatoes really are to die for (try the coronation chicken one - yum!). Cakes are lovely too and the staff always seem to be tolerant of (and friendly to) our slightly manic kids!

Looking forward to trying tapas evening on Thursday when we can get babysitters sorted, and just wish they were open on Sundays too!

Teresa F, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Hi - This review made us smile, thank-you...Wendy is particularly pleased that her cakes get a special mention :-) Looking forward to seeing you one Thursday, please say Hi when you come in... Re Sundays - we open for Brunch (and will be revamping the offer shortly) - or did you mean evenings?
Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Don't know where last reviewer is coming from ....
Service always really good and friendly - great wine, coffee and food. Wonderful asset to the area - can't fault in any way.

Teresa F, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Thank-you so much, this review made us smile :-)
Regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Have visited twice in recent months, both at lunchtimes and I have to admit to being underwhelmed on each occasion. Can't quite put my finger on it but just felt something was missing on both occasions, I also think the menu is too limited.

The first time I ordered the house special fish finger sandwich, which was basically a medium sized piece of frozen breaded cod wedged between two doorstep pieces of white bread. One the second occasion I order a southern fried chicken wrap, which similarly was exactly that i.e.with the minimum of accompaniments in the form of sale, dressings or sauces.

I know it's a small detail but preparation and service just seemed a bit lacking as though it is getting by providing the bare minimums rather than giving added value. On both occasions I've left thinking what a shame, Shefford needs somewhere that provides good quality and good value lunches, (I often have visiting business colleagues requiring somewhere to have a good lunch) for me it isn't The Loft. Shame!

Teresa F, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Hi Nick, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and felt that something was missing. Just to clarify though that our fish fingers are home-made hand breaded cod fillets not bought in frozen, In terms of our menu we would welcome any suggestions you have to improve the choice, thank-you for taking the time to post your review,
Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

What an absolute gem!! I went there for a birthday. It was so different to where I normally go. It is a lovely, small place in a village. It's so little and snuggly unlike a normal Saturday night in a pub. The food looked amazing! I had already eaten , otherwise I would have been the first at the table, it was Mediterranean tapas style and was brought up the stairs in cute bowls and plates by the staff. I must mention the lovely young lady who ran up and down the stairs getting everyone's drinks ( another little perk, we never had to go to the bar, they take your order for you ) she was very friendly , knew who ordered which drink, and ran up and down those stairs all night long. I never got her name unfortunately but if management read this it was sat 23 Jan for a birthday and she is a credit to your business.

Teresa F, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Thank-you so much, Hannah was very pleased to hear your feedback, we enjoyed hosting the event and look forward to seeing you again soon,
Regards

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Popped in for pasta and cocktails. Once again fab welcome (sorry we were so early) and service. Food beautifully cooked as always. Cocktails very yummy.

Would love to visit more often but have no willpower so would be the size of an elephant.

Thank you to Teresa, Rob and staff for another great evening.

Teresa F, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Thanks Christine, really pleased read this review, looking forward to seeing you again soon,
The Loft Team xx