See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Carnarvon Lodge was disgusting!!! My two friends and I booked through Expedia thinking that it wouldn't be too bad, but we were so wrong!!
The whole lodge smelt like there had been no ventilation in the entire place for months. There was thick dust all over the walls. Our double bed was broken on the head board. The window in the room with the bunk beds would not close so when it rained it got all wet on the top bunk. The bathroom was disgusting! It smelt like urine and did not get cleaned the entire week we was there. The toilet bowl was dark like it had not been cleaned in months and there was all hair all over the toilet lid. The shower was disgusting and had old soap sitting in the dispenser. On the office door it states that there is free wifi and gave you a wifi network and password to use to login however when trying to find the network it didn't exist! Terrible place to stay, if you are even thinking about it don't its definitely not worth it at all!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank beaaa93
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Booked via Wotif as I normally do when travel to Sydney. Normally stay at Glenferrie Lodge, however that was booked out. Well when I arrived theere was not sign saying reception, so I went through the maze of doors. The main common TV area had 1 light globe working out of 3 in the light fitting. Found reception and a very untidy Asian guy in t shirt and jeans just said your room up stairs. I asked about making coffee and he said jug in room. I asked if coffee ot milk in room and he said NO, shop close by to get some.I went to my room and it was very untidy with a full size fridge, however it was empty. I checked out the shared bathroom and it was disgustingly dirty, with the glass shower screen still covered in soap scum. I complained to the guy at reception and he cleaned it. However there was 3 old soap pieces in the shower from previous users and 1 old soap on the vanity. I would not let my dogs stay at this place at $99 per night. If you want a great place to stay, book at Glenferrie lodge. I am going to make a formal complaint to the health inspectors about this place and with any luck they will shut it down until its cleaned up. Also nice note above the toilet bowl about pooing on the toilet seat or floor, very tasteful NOT

Room Tip: Dont stay here at all unless you want to catch some form of germs.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank finkleberry
Reviewed 8 January 2017

probably one of the Worst hotel I have been to in my life!!! this place is dirty,....the kitchen, bathrooms, floors were all filthy...I stayed 3 nights and left as soon as I could...the shower was disgusting as well with awful smell...will never go back

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ahmed k
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The room was dirty.. the carpet was stained. The corridor and kitchen smelt like a dirty bathroom.
The actual bathroom was a disaster.. it was always dirty and had a bad smell.. the shower always flooded and leaked to rooms below. The location is good but really not worth staying there at all!

Even the soap was watery and the fresh shower towel was smelling like of dampness!

Worst experience ever!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rua H
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We hated this place, and did not end up staying here. The year was 2011 in January. TripAdvisor doesn't give me the option of putting that down, so I chose 2016. When we arrived the manager took the deposit and billed us outright. He gave us our keys, and on our way to the room, we were checked out by the grungy backpacker dudes that looked like they might have been living there permanently. This was a very inappropriate place to stay for someone relocating to Sydney for business, but we were looking for a cheaper option than a hotel in the interim while we searched for residence hotels in the area.
The room was tiny, windowless, and dirty. We decided to make it more livable by buying cleaning supplies and cleaning surfaces. In the end, we did not feel safe there and decided to leave. When we explained our situation, we were told that we would not get our deposit back, and would be charged the full amount. We left this place cleaner than we found it, did not stay here, and they charged us fully...The management of this place is unscrupulous as they come. This place should really be shut down, in my opinion. It's a health hazard as other reviewers have mentioned.

Room Tip: Don't go. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business