Glenferrie Lodge Hotel(Kirribilli)(Great Value!)
USD 53
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 77/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We hated this place, and did not end up staying here. The year was 2011 in January. TripAdvisor doesn't give me the option of putting that down, so I chose 2016. When we arrived the manager took the deposit and billed us outright. He gave us our keys, and on our way to the room, we were checked out by the grungy backpacker dudes that looked like they might have been living there permanently. This was a very inappropriate place to stay for someone relocating to Sydney for business, but we were looking for a cheaper option than a hotel in the interim while we searched for residence hotels in the area.
The room was tiny, windowless, and dirty. We decided to make it more livable by buying cleaning supplies and cleaning surfaces. In the end, we did not feel safe there and decided to leave. When we explained our situation, we were told that we would not get our deposit back, and would be charged the full amount. We left this place cleaner than we found it, did not stay here, and they charged us fully...The management of this place is unscrupulous as they come. This place should really be shut down, in my opinion. It's a health hazard as other reviewers have mentioned.

Room Tip: Don't go. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 9 November 2016

the double room we were shown to seemed ok the washing room was right outside our door and was going for the two hours we stayed in the room.the shower in our ensuite was disgusting black scum all over the tiles so dirty it could not have been cleaned for months ,the outdoor so called bar b que area was filthy and the clothes lines are there and the garbage bins.i complained and was given another room upstairs well done for at least giving me another room but no towels .i was told to get some off the clothes line when they dry was there for a week and could not get a change of sheets had to go down and get clean towels off the line

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed 19 July 2016

DISGUSTING DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I've seen some sights in my time BUT this one is the WORST! Not clean, cockroaches on everything, kitchen stove never cleaned, tile floor cracked. Should NOT be listed anywhere it IS a health hazard at best.... Free wifi which manager disconnected once he realised we were looking online for a new place to stay.

Room Tip: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE as this place is the pits.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I love the experience in Carnarvon Lodge. I was able to see how the Aussie Way of living. I was able to see how the home setting in Australia. This a new and great experience for me and this is something money can not buy.

The neighborhood of Carnarvon is classy and quiet. But there are some restaurants, bars and other establishments near by. Waking up in the morning for go for a walk is a something I enjoyed too. Walking at night is safe. The place is very accessible.

You can ride cab, bus or even boat ride. There are parks and the circus is just near by. The view of Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House is really amazing sight.

Next time I visit Sydney, I will bring my children and let them see the beauty of Kirribilli and we will check-in in Carnarvon Lodge. I want them to experience what I have experience from my stay there.

Bathroom is clean. Bed room is comfy.

Has fast internet : wifi connection:::
I was able to video chat with my children. Amazing experience. ^_^

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AbbyWarrenHalili
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Cockroaches were running over the double bed and in the bathroom. We tried to overlook this but I woke up to a cockroach on my pillow, then there were more in the shower and some crawling into my suitcase. While this "hotel" was cheap for the area, the conditions were unacceptable (we were paying over $100 per night for our private room with ensuite!). We left after one night of very bad sleep due to the cockroaches, the heat (no air conditioning) and then asked for a refund. One of the staff was helpful when I gave him the feedback and said he would give us a refund for the three nights we didn't stay. That refund hasn't happened yet and we might have to wait 3 weeks or longer. Very poor!!!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple