Beautiful views, great people, wonderful food. From the chalet you have views of the mountains and the valley farms. I sat for many hours reading in the hammock enjoying the views and the breeze. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets from up on the hill where the lodge sits. The owners are all very welcoming and helpful with travel advise and suggestions. The food is outstanding. They serve full breakfast with fresh fruit, fresh juices, guya pinto (beans and rice - delicious!), and eggs made to order. Dinners are equally delicious and as good as any we ate on our travels. We had Tuna steaks with fresh vegetables - excellent. Donald, the chef, is very gifted.
Not a five star hotel if that's what you're looking for. The beds could use a new mattress or at least a mattress pad. A little lacking in comfort. And because the chalets are open air so you can hear the road noise and the wildlife. I actually enjoyed hearing the wildlife, but it bears noting.
That said, the many goods far outweigh the few bad. Well worth the visit. I'd highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the north Pacific side of Costa Rica, in the province of Guanacaste. A 10 min drive to Tamarindo Beach Resort, 5 min from the Hacienda Pinilla golf course facilities and only 15 min from world-class surf spots such as Avellanas Beach, Playa Negra and Playa Grande. El Sabanero is perfectly located close to all exciting activities. Staying at El Sabanero, one experiences total tranquility, the pure nature, the exotic local animals such as howling monkeys, iguanas, exotic butterflies, parrots & much more, plus the fantastic view of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Sabanero Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Sabanero Eco Hotel Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Hotel Tamarindo