“Good food and friendly staff”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #28 of 38 Restaurants in Orient Bay
Price range: USD 16 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We felt very welcome. The staff was smiling and helpful. The food was very good: my wife had risotto with mushrooms and i had penne with a tomato/mozarella-sauce. A very tasty dessert with small glasses of everything on the dessert-menu ended a great meal.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

This was probably our worst meal on the island We ended up here because we had decided to have Italian food and there was still a long wait at the restaurant we wanted to go to, and it was getting late.

To be fair, the lasagna I ordered was good, but the portion was smaller than other restaurants on the island. The other food we ordered (fettucine alfredo and a seafood pasta dish) were pretty bad. The one pizza we ordered was actually okay. The calamari/shrimp appetizer combo tasted good but for the price, it was an extremely small portion -- like an appetizer for one person. I think there were maybe three little shrimp and three or four very small pieces of calamari. We just let the kids eat it.

The service was beyond bad. The waiter didn't speak English well, which is fine. We switched to French but he still talked right over us. I saw him chasing a 10-12 year old kid (actually sprinting after him) inside the restaurant. I have no idea why. When we went to the bathroom, the staff was standing around basically just swearing in English. I mean, properly swearing, with so many children around. Service was also completely disorganized.

And if all that wasn't enough, the waiter spilled water all over one of us, and then got so physical trying to wipe it that we had to tell him to back off. He then brought us another water and, of course, charged us for it. We didn't argue because we just wanted to get out of there.

There was a man outside at the edge of the patio, talking up his restaurant to bring people in. He said that his food was amazing. But at the end of the day, poor service, below-average food, and generally disrespecting the customers shows. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank whitesandbeach
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

This was my least favorite restaurant in orient village and we ate at most of them. The service was VERY slow and the food wasn't very good. We ordered an appetizer we never got and my risotto tasted more like soggy basic white rice than risotto. The bar staff was very nice but I would recommend eating at a different spot in orient bay.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Went in for the seafood meal for two, which when compared to the other meals for one at our table, was really a generous meal for one and a skimpy meal for two. Small portions of calamari, mahi mahi, salmon, and mussels (4) with overcooked vegetables and a bitter salad. Fettuccine in Alfredo was undercooked (not al dente, but about 1 or 2 minutes undercooked); sauce was tasty. Veal scallopini was average. Service was good, but slow when it came to getting the cheque.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

The owner will ask you friendly if you come in, but that is all what you can expect.

The pizza is not homemade; poor quality of the ingredients.

The drinks came after our food. It tooks ages until we could pay. The wanted to charge us more drinks than we had. We wanted to have more than one but nobody asked.

Go to le Pimento it is the neighbor restaurant, where you will get a proper pizza.