My family and I rented this very lovely villa for 7 days. However, we had several "issues" with this villa. We were a family of 8 traveling with a 2 1/2 year old child so we chose this villa because it advertised a pool alarm (although, no one ever mentioned it being a "functional" alarm). However, after day 2 (including a visit and advice from the pool maintenance man), we were advised that the alarm was not in working order...and did not work for our entire stay. In addition, when it rains, whether it's an hour-shower or a day of rain (we encountered both), the villa is full of leaks coming from the roof, the worst being over the toilet in "Master Bedroom #2". (You cannot sit on the toilet if it's raining, as rain pours in from the ceiling!). There is also a serious leak inside the entrance from the driveway, which leaks into the dining area and kitchen, and another coming from the ceiling in the tub of "Master Bedroom #1" (We had to use beach towels to sop up rain water from the [slippery] wet tiles inside the house after it rained). Another very frustrating problem is the mosquito population inside and outside this villa...BRING BUG REPELLENT - PLENTY! Whether we had days of dry weather or a full day of rain, the mosquitos were brutal. Other than the bedrooms, the indoor living space is NOT air conditioned and is only equipped with one ceiling fan downstairs, a bug zapper in the kitchen and a portable floor fan (to place near where you intend to sit so the bugs cannot land!). There are also three ceiling fans upstairs, however only ONE is in working order, making that area far too hot to enjoy. The mosquitos are also brutal outside by the pool - day and night! We also had a problem with NO hot water for days! (We were advised by the villa maintenance person that the hot water heater was disconnected since the villa has solar panels to heat the water!). And, to make matters worse, the motor for the electric entrance gate disfunctioned on day 4 and the gate remained unlocked and open for the duration of our trip. (This malfunction caused a short in the electrical circuit breaker panel, which caused the perimeter and pool lights to go out. A maintenance person was again called to bypass the gate on the circuit breaker, so we could have functional "perimeter lights" on the driveway and around the pool.) There were other problems during our stay, minor in comparison to these. I personally viewed many 4-bedroom villas on Orient Bay during previous visits to St. Martin, all of which were as much as $1000/week less expensive than Belle Mer. In addition our group previously rented two other 4-bedroom villas in Orient Bay and Happy Bay. However, we (mistakenly) chose Belle Mer for its close proximity and walking distance to the beach and restaurants and the fact that it had a pool alarm. Overall, none of us were thrilled with this villa. Compared to the two villas we previously rented, Belle Mer NOT worth the money - - at all.
|How easy was it to book the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|