All reviews coco beach bar private pool grand case orient beach beach boys st martin croissants continental breakfast superior room closer to the beach an umbrella rented a car lounge chairs tai chi fruit salad small fridge nice beach
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This gem of a resort will transform your winter blues into visions of springtime delight. The ambiance of this Caribbean jewel is unparalleled. The staff is so friendly and accommodating and their on-site restaurants are convenient and award winning. Once experienced, you'll make this your annual destination.

Room Tip: All is equal here. Each bungalow (4 rooms) has its own pool and can be quite private.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linda0803
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 4 nights and five days at this fabulous resort. At check-in we finally met the famous Eliu ! Eliu has a great personality, was very informative, speaks more than several languages, and has great customer service!! You ask for it; he will deliver! Eliu makes the Esmeralda Resort memorable. Esmeralda Management; I hope you are listening! Thank you Primo (Eliu) for everything! Our villa was perfect! Upon situating ourselves in our room, there is a knock at the door to find out that we were sent a complimentary bottle of wine! How awesome is that! Our room had a king bed, was spacious, and clean. The villas with one's private swimming is a plus!!! We then took a stroll to the beach; Wow! Beautiful! Thumbs up to David and the Coco Beach Staff! You have to try and buy a bottle of their Rum (caramel/vanilla) delicious! Coco beach had great food, service, and drinks. We dined one nite @ Astrolabe! Beautiful setting overlooking the pool and great food. The complimentary continental breakfast was perfect! Fresh fruit, bread, croissants, juices, and coffee! All the staff was friendly at the resort! The small store next to the reception desk is a plus! Stock up in water, soda, liquor, or beer for your room. Housekeeping left the room clean and smelling fresh everyday! A great resort in a great location!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ETJr
Claudie N, General Manager at Esmeralda Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

thank you very much for your nice comments about Eliu and the Resort.
we know Eliu is definetely a + for the hotel. the entire staff (grows up) with the place . we are like a family. thanks to come back soon

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Husband and I stayed here for the first time from July 4-11. Our room was clean and comfy and housekeeping did a wonderful job every day. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and welcoming along with everybody working on the property. I really liked that Orient Bay had security and I felt very safe taking morning runs all around Orient Bay and on the beach by myself.

The pool was wonderful! We used this daily. Even better was the gorgeous beach. This is such a pleasant place to stay and I would definitely come here again. There were some cute cats and kittens on the property as well...very sweet.

I had the free coffee sitting out every morning, but I guess you have to ask for the croissants or food other travelers have posted about on here. Never had anything but the coffee so be sure to note that food isn't out with the coffee when you go.

3  Thank BeachLiz
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed for a week in early July 2017. Our villa was located next to the restaurant towards the beach. It was convenient to everything but still quiet and private. Our king sized bed was very comfortable - we slept great! The AC unit worked fine and we were never hot and it was nice and quiet. The bathroom was clean and seemed newly tiled. They did not provide hair conditioner - so be sure to pack some if you need it like I do. It was nice having a pool for just a few units - we never had to share with our neighbors. The croissants at breakfast were heavenly! Be sure to have dinner onsite one evening as well as the food is excellent. Definitely have the profiteroles for dessert!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
1  Thank JakenSydsmom
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My experience with the Esmeralda has been nothing short of perfect. From the quick e-mail responses from Claudie when I had questions about the property to the enthusiastic chats with Christopher when I would see him on the grounds, everyone on the staff has a great attitude and lives up to the country motto of "the friendly island".

I made the wise decision to select a Suite Superior. This spacious room has everything to make you feel at home. A practical small kitchen (microwave, small cooktop, dining table, and a full side-by-side refrigerator), a spacious bathroom, comfortable couches and chairs as well as a lovely lenai looking out on the semi-private pool (shared with the 2 or 3 other rooms in that individual building).

David and his staff took great care of us at the beach and I had the pleasure of chatting with Astrid in the reception area on a few occasions (she took the time to research something about an attraction after I shared a concern about visiting it and also returned to me an inexpensive but well-liked item of mine that I had dropped in the reception area).

I mention all of these people because they all made an impact on the quality of the stay and they are the true asset of this lovely resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in 481, a Suite Superior. Perfect room with great proximity to beach.
3  Thank Susan H
Claudie N, General Manager at Esmeralda Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Management and staff thank you you very much. we appreciate your comments.