All reviews the owner san ramon cloud forest beautiful place bird watching two days no hot water coffee plantation tour service was excellent howler monkeys salad hiking trails dining area local community dry season delicious food wonderful staff
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We had a wonderful time -- it's beautiful and serene. It's a magical place -- food, sights, and people are all incredible. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. If you want a place to relax and feel connected to Nicaragua this place is it!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
fincanica, Owner at Finca Esperanza Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear A2Maga,

Thank you for your generous review! We are pleased you had a wonderful time.
Hope this means you will be back to visit us - to experience the magic of the highlands again!

Muchas gracias,
The FEV Team

Reviewed 23 April 2017

A magical place, authentic and with a real purpose to run an ecological business in close interaction with the local community. Vivianne manages the ecolodge with love, good taste and without pretension. This is ecotourism at its very best. A must visit in Nicaragua!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fincanica, Owner at Finca Esperanza Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Christina,
Thank you for your beautiful comments! We truly love what we do here and appreciate immensely your heartfelt review. Hope to see you and your family at the finca again in the near future.

Muchas gracias from the FEV team

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We are a small group of six people who had worked in Matagalpa for a week. Our treat for the trip was to go to the finca for the weekend. Just like in past years everything was great. I'm the group leader, and many people in the group this year were new to Nicaragua, so it was a pleasure for me to be able to take them somewhere that everyone loved. We hope to return next year.

Room Tip: No tips needed - all the rooms are very nice.
Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fincanica, Owner at Finca Esperanza Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear David,
Thanks so much for your review! We enjoyed having you back at FEV for the second time in a row!! We know how hard your volunteers work and it gives our team great pleasure to host them when they complete their mission in Nicaragua. Hope to see you again next year!

Muchas gracias,
The FEV Team

Reviewed 1 April 2017

I feel so lucky that I was able to visit Finca Esperanza Verde. The hummingbirds were out-of this world. The violet sabrewing and long tailed hermit! The trails are well-maintained and marked so you can walk by yourself or go with the the great guides that have eagle eyes, good knowledge and are very kind. I loved seeing sloths (and their babies) as well as several colorful birds I had never seen before.
I was in Nicaragua for some volunteer activities and this was the perfect respite. So beautiful, relaxing and nurturing. It was a little more expensive than the super cheap dorms and volunteer housing I was staying in, but I am so glad I chose to treat myself. I really felt refreshed. I can't recommend it enough.
Furthermore, staying here supports a great effort to protect a fragile environment and provide local employment with positive values.
I plan to return with friends and family as soon as possible.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "dorm" which was the most beautiful private room and bath with porch in the garden area. I loved it! All the accommodations looked great though - you really can't go wrong here.
Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fincanica, Owner at Finca Esperanza Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you Janet! We really appreciate your lovely review. So happy we were able to provide that nurturing and restful time you were looking for after your volunteer work. We hope to see you back at the finca some day soon.

With much gratitude,
The FEV team

Reviewed 25 March 2017

This was a really unbelievable stay. Well worth the price. run by, and managed, at the highest Western standards. Beautiful views. Fantastic food. Excellent guiding. I have met quite a few expats who make this place as their second home when it is too hot in Center Nicaragua. And I totally understand why, gorgeous Place, relaxing, fun, excellent services. We were there on our honeymoon in addition to many other places and this was one of her favorites. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: colibri rooms #3 or #4 are the highest- and the best sweeping views!
Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fincanica, Owner at Finca Esperanza Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear Yair L,

We cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review! We really enjoyed being your hosts and hope that FEV will be the place you will return to again and again to celebrate your anniversaries!

With much gratitude,