“Good food and nice place but the staff totally ruins it all”

EA Zamecka Restaurace Hruba Skala
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Turnov
Cuisines: Czech, International
Description: In the second court of the EA Chateau Hotel Hrubá Skála**** you will find Castle Restaurant, Summer Look-out Rampart Terrace Restaurant and Hunter's Lounge. There is also the Středověká krčma (Medieval Tavern) available.Castle Restaurant is offering a wide range of dishes of local and internatinal cuisine as well as special menus.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Unfortunately there will be always people coming to this restaurant, no matter how the staff acts towards their guests... and they know it. It is a touristic hot spot with amazing view, and I must say also with a very well prepared food. But - T.H.E. S.T.A.F.F.! Literally no interest! We came, sat and waited half an hour. The restaurant was half empty. Loosing the patience (but yet not giving up!), we went to the waiter walking nearby to ask him if he could bring us a menu. Done in few minutes. Then another 15 minutes of waiting to make the order. After 20 minutes we got the food. After another 10 minutes the drinks (!), but I got another size of beer than ordered (nevertheless not reclamated since I was afraid I would have to wait again long time). For ordering a coffee I rather went inside of the restaurant. There was a waiter standing by a computer. I asked him if I could get within a range of 10 minutes a coffee ("yes") and he asked me if I could check with him on the monitor what we have actually ordered...?! Our order of food was completely wrong, omg. We paid, thinking how this is possible in 21st century... Btw. to enter the court (and so the restaurant) you have to pay 20 CZK (small amount, I know, but still I think that if you want to just eat in their restaurant it should be given back).

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Fabulous terrace overlooking dramatic rocks, lovely waitress, lovely wine., and food reasonable... definitely a place to eat and to stay in one of the lovely rooms with dramatic views. Happy to recommend!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

After very nice in the very nice nature nearby and also after chateu Hrubá Skála visit in the evening we stay here for the small dinner .Dinner was good and staff very friendly

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Havig today arrived in a small village at the foot of the Hruba Skala hill, we decided to have a short ride by our car to have a very special dinner in a very special spot, as the restaurant "attached" to the Hruba Skala hotel is advertised for. On arrival, we were asked to pay 25 CZK for the car park slot (they charge you by hour, it's not a one-off payment!, i.e. if you stay 3 hours, you pay 75 CZK).
Having entered the famous restaurant, we were greeted by.... nobody. The reception/ cash machine spot was empty. We looked around for a while and then decided to enter the restaurant room. Also complete emptiness. In the next room, some guy (guest) was sitting at the bar, his back turned to us. Still no trace of any staff. After several minutes of walking up and down (around the empty tables, and back to the entrace, we saw a lady who seemed to be the representative of the establishment rather, then a guest (as she entered the kitchen and other "staff only" rooms). She passed by, showing no interest in our presence, whatsoever. After yet another minute or so, a waiter appeared, said "hello" and... passed by, as if we wouldn't be worth any attention, at all. After a while, he came back, passed by again (we were still standing in the entrance hall, hoping to be spotted and attended) and... locked the entrance door, showing absolutely no interest in us. That was far too much! Having spent some 10 minutes in this "reputable"(???!!!!) establishment, I turned my back and left with my partner, both of us spitting feathers. This is how they make your romantic evening unforgettable!
Unbelievable - such ignorance, disrespect towards the guests and complete lack of any professionalism. Keep off this place!!!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel nearby outside the season so there wasn't much choice for eating. The food was not bad but should have been better knowing the higher than average price. The local radio was playing annoying songs and the waiters were needed some coaching in speed, especially when there are more than 2 guests.