“An amazing restaurant”
Review of Dun Cow

Dun Cow
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ollerton
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dun Cow is a family run destination pub with dining, just outside of Knutsford centre in Ollerton. There is a large selection of dishes from pub favourites, sandwiches, chargrill section, a la carte options, and fresh seafood, all delivered and prepared daily. We have a beer garden at the rear, parking and a playing field should your children want to run around. We can cater for functions, express business lunches, quiet meals for two, family dinner, pit stop breaks on the A537, girls nights, meze by request, and of course, cask ales and coffees. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 30 January 2017

If you are looking for good food in nice surroundings look no further along with the excellent service this restaurant will take some beating.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We visited the Dun Cow at lunch time after we postponed a trip to Tatton Park due to the miserable weather. There were 4 adults, a 6 month old, a 17 month old & a 3 year old as well.

We were immediately greeted by friendly staff (& possibly the manager / owner) who led us to our table, providing a high chair for my daughter (17 month old). The restaurant is lovely, I saw 1 open fire (maybe more, it was a large place) dark wood & cosy corners. We were the first in as the doors opened, & were met with a friendly, relaxed & comfortable atmosphere, which continued throughout the meal.

We were served drinks & orders were taken without being rushed, but without having to wait either. They have a varied kids menu, pretty much the usual, chicken, fish, pasta etc, & also a small beef, yorkshire pud, veg & fries dish, which I ordered for my 17 month old. The menu caters for under 12years, which is quite a vast age range, my daughter wouldn't have eaten a full meal & I hate to waste food, however, on request they were more than happy to halve the portion size & the cost, which was brilliant! The 3 year old had fish & chips, which was fab value for money! The quality of all our meals were fabulous, my hubby is a veggie & opted for the bean burger, which he said was tasty, our friend had the steak burger, which is not for the smaller eater, but looked amazing, I had chicken burger & finally there was also a greek salad, all of which were tasty & fresh.

We didn't have any desserts so can't comment there. The staff of young ladies were friendly, smart, & professional, the owner / manger was on hand to ask if everything was good, & we were also treated to a compliment about the kids by another lady whom again I'm assuming was the manager / owner (sorry if I'm wrong here) I'm guessing they were a couple, either way incredibly friendly & professional people.

We highly recommend the Dun Cow, I would book, as it looked busy by the time we left, in fact, I don't think there was a spare table. It's a bit of a drive for us as we live in North Manchester, however, we will make the journey to visit again!!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

As usual the food and atmosphere is great. Always full of locals good sign of a good place to eat. Had the crispy duck so tasty other 3 people had different things all thoroughly enjoyed. The hosts are excellent on making sure everyone happy. Will be back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Eat here yesterday early evening. Nice menu with slightly higher prices than the usual pub grub, however that was compensated by the quality of the food. The initial service seemed slow but once we had the waitress' attention we were looked after nicely. The only two negative comments I have 1. Really annoying locals gafawing and being extrememely loud and secondly the toilets were not very clean ie wet floors around the urinals n I am not talking water here.
They have an allergen list for dining, but I found it confusingly laid out as the menu didnt match the list.

1  Thank Daya101
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

We wanted to go for a drive last Saturday and eat somewhere different for lunch. Looking to Tripadvisor for inspiration we came across the Dun Cow. Encouraged by the good reviews, we decided to try here and we weren't disapointed at all.
We did call beforehand to book, as we were specifically driving there for lunch and didn't want to be disappointed if there had been no tables available!
We both enjoyed our 3 course lunches including the cheese and onion pie (very tasty) and the creme brulee (which I could have eaten again!).
Great place, friendly and welcoming owner and we would definitely go back there again!