“Kitchen”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Arlington House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rear patio in sun
Local wildlife
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gillkitch...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Kitchen”
Reviewed 6 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Good location to explore the area. Comfortable house to stay in and excellent garden for children to run around

gailclark...
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely House "BUT"”
Reviewed 26 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This house was listed to have two bathrooms
"NOT"
One bathroom with shower/bath tub & toilet upstairs
plus one toilet downstairs.
The house felt dirty especially the kitchen, needs a good clean
or new kitchen. Bedrooms where fine.
The garden also needs a good tidy up. Too many weeds
All in all our stay was fine but think Antony could get more
for this property if it was cleaned up.
To the next question would I recommend this property
Yes if it was cleaned up

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Jul 2017
I have checked the bathroom listings; on the website a downstairs WC counts as a bathroom, there is no other category available. I am sorry to hear that you felt the house was dirty, I will pass on your comment to my cleaner. However I do not have any plans to rip out the kitchen and install a new one. In my experience at this time of year all gardeners struggle with weeds, I am no exception.
SueB92
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely house, good position”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

If you like the Cotswolds, you'll love Arlington House. It is large and comfortable with a massive garden and just a stroll away from the village centre of Lower Slaughter. We walked across the fields to Bourton within 20 mins or so and it's easy to get to Stow, Chipping Norton or Moreton from there by car.
It was rather cold when we arrived and we could not get the heating going so we had to contact Antony. It took a little while, but once he altered the boiler controls remotely, the house became lovely and warm. Unfortunately, although there was fuel for the stove in the lounge, there were no implements available so we had to leave the ashes in the hearth, sorry about that!
Antony asks that his guests leave the house tidy and clean, but sadly, someone has misused all the frying pans and they were all burnt and unusable. Other than that, all the equipment in the kitchen worked properly and there were instruction books in the house file.
Although the house was not dirty, it needs a good clean to make it sparkle-difficult, I know, if Antony doesn't live on-site to keep his eye on it. On the whole, we had a lovely 3 night stay and we would use this property again as the bedroom arrangement was right for the party I took.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Chloe J
“Amazing Property, Aggressive Landlord!”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Arlington House was one of the most beautiful houses we’ve ever stayed in. Location was tranquil, house was huge and the garden space was lovely to use. Our group arrived and were instantly amazed by the property. We stayed 3 nights in total and could have easily stayed another 3 more. However, with no unkind remark against the property – I have to say that the landlord and neighbours were not ideal. We had a noise complaint for playing Frisbee in the garden at 5:30pm – so I would not recommend to those who want to use the garden to play in, especially if you have children who make noise. Also, we were an hour late checking out and before I could apologise to the landlord who turned up as we were packing, he started shouted at us telling us to get out of his house. Upset by this we all quickly left and unfortunately a guest left her ring in the shower. When we returned to ask for the ring back, the landlord told us to “F**k off” and we even felt quite threatened when he said “Go on, are you trying to make me angry?” I have never seen such hostile or unacceptable behaviour from a man who was three times our age – really dampened the whole experience. Nonetheless, the house was amazing – just be prepared to deal with an unkind owner.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 May 2017
I arrived at the property at 11.30am to find the gates barred, with 5 cars in the drive plus a large van parked outside the front door. Check out was supposed to be 10am. I entered the house, all the lights were still on, someone was asleep on the sofa in the lounge and numerous people were asleep upstairs. The guests were definately not packing when I arrived, they were sound asleep, no doubt hungover. It was obvious that Chloe had hosted a large scale party, there were stains all over the wooden floors and the kitchen was filthy. I had been led to believe that 6 guests were staying at the house and in our on-line conversations no mention had been made of Chloe hosting a party. The house has considerable sentimental value to me so I did become upset and angry when I saw the mess and damage to the house and contents. Outside there were cigarette/reefer butts all over the patio and porch and I could not believe the amount of drinks cans and bottles. These had been left in 10+ bin bags with all the other waste, no effort to separate them for recycling. I had to spend 4 hours going through the bags to take out the drinks cans, bottles and plastic so that all the other waste would fit into the wheelie bin.
Thankfully this was my first really bad experience in over 3 years and to be fair, Chloe did agree for the £125 deposit to be retained.
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing