“Not the worst...”

Alaiye Resort & Spa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Turkler
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This is my third time in a 5* hotel in Turkey and I must say this hotel is certainly does not deserve five stars. I would give it a very strong three, however due to the amazing emoloyees of this hotel, I'll give it a weak four.

The pool areas are very tidy and have plenty of sun beds, I've never used them personally as I prefer the sea.
Its about 3 minutes walk to the sandy beach; for the size of the hotel the beach is tiny and there is nowhere near enough sun beds for everyone to enjoy. To reserve yourself a sun bed on the beach you must come at 9 - 9:30 the latest, otherwise you will have no choice but to lay on the sand.

The hotel is full of Russian people and all staff speaks some Russian, I did not find them rude as most reviews say, in fact they were fun and friendly. As I went on my own, they often kept me company.

The food in the buffet is disgusting, there is no other word to describe it. Says a lot coming from me ad I am not a picky eater, I love all cuisines and chose Turkey as my holiday destination once again because of my love towards their awesome food! Huge disappointment. For 6 nights they had the same meat, marinated in the same, weirdly spicy marinade. On Thursday, when its fish night the fish was once again grilled in the same, horrible marinade as always. I also tried mixed sea food stew which was also very spicy while the calamari were bland and had no flavour whatsoever.
The snack bar is a place where a British person can find something to eat - fried chicken, chips, chicken nuggets, pizza. I enjoyed the pizza as its freshly made right in front of you. The short guy making it is also lovely, very friendly and lively. Nuggets had no real chicken in them and tasted a little like paper...
On a positive note, there is a tent next to the snack bar that is opened from 11 until 4 where a lady makes flat bread with a choice of toppings. If you will choose this hotel, give it a try!

I only went to one night of entertainment which was a karaoke night, it was good fun however if you don't understand Russian, I doubt you would have fun.

Housekeeping team were good and bad at the same time. The cleaning was good, they were always friendly and tried to chat even though I couldn't understand them. The bad was the fact that DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door was not respected once! I had it on three times, two of which I was in the room. The cleaners were knocking even though the sign was on - all I wanted to do is sleep and that's why the sign was on!!! Third time I went to the beach and did not want my room cleaned, I placed the sign on however the room was still cleaned and the change that I had on the table was taken... which also pissed me off a lot as this was a tip for someone else. Real shocking!

Minibar joke - it was supposed to be replenished daily, however during 7 nights stay it was only done once...

I must point out two lovely guys who always kept me smiling and made this holiday enjoyable..Mustafa always stopped for a friendly chat whenever I was in the snack bar or fancy bar. He was always positive and indeed very handsome :) Beytullah was a funny guy and made excellent Pina Coladas. Thank you :)

Reception team were always helpful and nice, apart from the check out experience. I came to drop off my bag and hand in the keys two hours before check out time as I wanted to relax and have a few beers before my spa treatment. The lady at reception took off my 'all inclusive' bracelet and informed me that I no longer can have alcoholic drinks but can still have the rest. When I said that I want my bracelet back as I am still entitled to have it, she repeated 'oh you can still eat, just no alcohol. I checked you out on the system and there is nothing I can do. Go to guest relations if you want'. First of all it's ridiculous, secondly that's rude and definitely not a five star customer service!!!
Guest relations told me the same thing which at that point made me furious and quite literally shaking from anger! I've paid for my holiday from the 7th until the 14th however only arrived to the hotel on the 8th therefore trying to take away my bracelet at 10am on the 14th seems extremely unfair! Of course I got the bracelet back and I understand that there are certain 'procedures' in place but its not good enough of explanation!

The hotel itself is lacking of attention to detail, there are random holes in the walls, bits on the headboard missing, rips in the curtains, most of the locks in the toilets throughout the hotel are barely working / loose etc

If you do choose this hotel, you must just take it easy and ignore the faults trying to relax. I did and had a relaxing holiday but will not be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The hotel itself is really nice but not very much around the hotel which means you need to get a dolmus e.g. to Alanya. The staff are really nice once you get to know them. They keep themselves to themselves otherwise. Mainly Russian guests in this hotel so if this will effects you dont go. They didnt bother us apart from they dont say please or thank you if you hold a door for them etc. Food is typical 3* all inc but I think most all inc hotels are like this. Lots of choice but a lot is aimed at Russians due to who is in the hotel. Lots of noisy people in rooms around us each night. Overall I wouldnt go back due to location. P.s. it is also more expensive in this area than for example Icmeler for trips e.g. jeep safari £10 Icmeler, £35 here. Entertainment people were really friendly and made you feel part of activities even when you are one of the only English taking part. The sun set on the beach is beautiful. Drinks are served in glass unless around the pool which is good. Different entertainment on each night. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Down as 2-3 hr transfer but we were 2nd drop off coming and last pick up returning which took 1 1/2hr transfer going and 2hrs back (minibus vs coach). Cable cart and castle in Alanya was good 5 lira dolmus and 18 lira for cable cart and castle.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are better facing away from the pool towards the sea. Furthest away from...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AlaiyeResort, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Alaiye Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear ChrisnNicky,

thank you very much for your comment and your lovely Words for the Hotelstaff.
We will be happy to meet with you soon again.

Best Regards

Alaiye Resort Team

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Certainly not 5 star and a big disappointment. We were so looking forward to our Ruby anniversary present to each other which started well with the Marble lobby reception area and the porter taking our bags to our room. We soon realised the low floor room and close proximity to the main restaurant due to my problem with vertigo and arthritic knees that we emailed to the hotel in advance to request was not given as we were put into block seven 4th floor but managed to get changed by the receptionist to the lowest floor ( it took a large tip) eventually four days later getting into the main building lowest floor which helped with the arthritic knees. This is a very large hotel in size but not in overall quality with various things letting it down such as the food, after you've tried for some time to get a table being so repetitive, poor variation, invariably cold and lacking in freshness and flavour apart from the grill food which was overly seasoned with spices and chillies, the sweets irrespective of appearance tasted the same. The snack bar at the quiet pool was worse apart from the excellent freshly made pizzas. The animation team were non existant unless you were at the big pool although when you did get their attention they were pleasant but most certainly understaffed, the shows in the evening were very hit or miss I mean to say bingo is not what I expect in a 5 star hotel. The hotel is not geared for british people in that they are not very good at speaking English especially the managers and are definitely biast towards the Russians. Do not expect intimacy, personal or attentiveness and as for peace and tranquility forget it. Finally the beach is stated as being long and sandy but it was sectioned off per hotel with sun beds at a premium so no long walk on a beautiful sandy beach for my wife who unlike me is fit but in this case unable to very easily due to the overcrowding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The service throughout the hotel is great. The restraunt and free drinks make it even better. I take my hat off to the crew, but I want to thank 2 people for there smiles and great customer service. Ilhan and bestami from the restraunt. They did an amazing job.

All the best hope to visit again soon

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memcuk

Dear memcuk,

thank you very much for your comment and your lovely Words for the Hotelstaff İlhan and Bestami.
We will be happy to meet with you soon again.

Best Regards

Alaiye Resort Team

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Ok so read a few bad reviews but I always take with a pinch of salt but they were right!
Staff were friendly, hotel is lovely however ... cleaners were seen checking our phones (don’t know why as they were locked!) . we came back found the room had been cleaned 10 mins later a cleaner walks in she looked rather shocked to see us so she grabbed a toilet roll and said here.... ok she had already put a new one in wen she cleaned it so not sure what that was about! . Room was cleaned (sort of) but I was sat outside with my daughter and the room was cleaned to a really high standard things were done that had not been done while we were there!
In the last few days the cleaner kept on at my daughter to fill in the questionnaire! We saw them walk out the room with one and sit and read it !
Dirty glasses were left in the corridor for 10 days (may still be there cos no one collected them!!) a glass got smashed at night 3 days later glass was still in the corridor (big chunks so easily seen) it only got picked up because it got stuck in my shoe!
Lift didn’t work we mentioned it to staff they just said yeah we fix soon! That’s fine but wen u have a family member who due to back problems struggles with stairs we fix soon not really the answer u expect
Food started off really nice then started to go down hill and a rapid pace ! I love Turkish food but this well how many times can a chicken casserole be renamed each night! Mouldy fruit was put out and wen I gave it to a manager he just walked off didn’t bother to check the rest! ( mind u restaurant managers were a waste of space rude and unfriendly some of the waiters should be made managers as they would do such a better job!!
Kids were seen putting fingers in each pudding putting them in their mouth then doing the same to the next one!!!
Guests were rude and numerous times we saw Russians demanding tables and actually kicking people off because they wanted that table! Finding tables in the evening was extremely hard so find a waiter and keep going back to them they have a stash of hats sunglasses that they put on tables to reserve it for you and are happy to kick people off the table.
I asked if Baileys was on the all inclusive was told no but the Russian guy in front of me managed to have this!!
Pool is lovely but someone left a little present in the pool so it was removed and that part of the pool was closed well I say closed if u call putting same tape across the steps but the “dirty water” was still able to flow into the open part of the pool!
Numerous people picked up a cough, sore throat & fever including my daughter who had this cough for a good few weeks once we got home ( not surprised after seeing how they deal with “floaters” in the pool)
Transfer to the airport the coach was late we started to get worried so asked at reception he said oh it’s fine don’t worry they are normally 45 mins late! It was cutting it fine but the drive still did the comfort break stop on the way to the airport!
Was very disappointed with this hotel as it looked amazing but have to say not worth what they are charging and definitely not 4 star at all

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turkler
0.7 km away
3 km away
Haydarpasha Palace
Haydarpasha Palace
#5 of 65 in Konakli

Been to Alaiye Resort & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!