1,245 results
All reviews snack bar thomas cook animation team turkey salad main pool bar staff pizza main restaurant fabulous holiday boat trip water slides a la carte restaurants smaller pool pool games the main block ice cream
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Certainly not 5 star and a big disappointment. We were so looking forward to our Ruby anniversary present to each other which started well with the Marble lobby reception area and the porter taking our bags to our room. We soon realised the low floor room and close proximity to the main restaurant due to my problem with vertigo and arthritic knees that we emailed to the hotel in advance to request was not given as we were put into block seven 4th floor but managed to get changed by the receptionist to the lowest floor ( it took a large tip) eventually four days later getting into the main building lowest floor which helped with the arthritic knees. This is a very large hotel in size but not in overall quality with various things letting it down such as the food, after you've tried for some time to get a table being so repetitive, poor variation, invariably cold and lacking in freshness and flavour apart from the grill food which was overly seasoned with spices and chillies, the sweets irrespective of appearance tasted the same. The snack bar at the quiet pool was worse apart from the excellent freshly made pizzas. The animation team were non existant unless you were at the big pool although when you did get their attention they were pleasant but most certainly understaffed, the shows in the evening were very hit or miss I mean to say bingo is not what I expect in a 5 star hotel. The hotel is not geared for british people in that they are not very good at speaking English especially the managers and are definitely biast towards the Russians. Do not expect intimacy, personal or attentiveness and as for peace and tranquility forget it. Finally the beach is stated as being long and sandy but it was sectioned off per hotel with sun beds at a premium so no long walk on a beautiful sandy beach for my wife who unlike me is fit but in this case unable to very easily due to the overcrowding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The service throughout the hotel is great. The restraunt and free drinks make it even better. I take my hat off to the crew, but I want to thank 2 people for there smiles and great customer service. Ilhan and bestami from the restraunt. They did an amazing job.

All the best hope to visit again soon

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memcuk
AlaiyeResort, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Alaiye Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear memcuk,

thank you very much for your comment and your lovely Words for the Hotelstaff İlhan and Bestami.
We will be happy to meet with you soon again.

Best Regards

Alaiye Resort Team

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Ok so read a few bad reviews but I always take with a pinch of salt but they were right!
Staff were friendly, hotel is lovely however ... cleaners were seen checking our phones (don’t know why as they were locked!) . we came back found the room had been cleaned 10 mins later a cleaner walks in she looked rather shocked to see us so she grabbed a toilet roll and said here.... ok she had already put a new one in wen she cleaned it so not sure what that was about! . Room was cleaned (sort of) but I was sat outside with my daughter and the room was cleaned to a really high standard things were done that had not been done while we were there!
In the last few days the cleaner kept on at my daughter to fill in the questionnaire! We saw them walk out the room with one and sit and read it !
Dirty glasses were left in the corridor for 10 days (may still be there cos no one collected them!!) a glass got smashed at night 3 days later glass was still in the corridor (big chunks so easily seen) it only got picked up because it got stuck in my shoe!
Lift didn’t work we mentioned it to staff they just said yeah we fix soon! That’s fine but wen u have a family member who due to back problems struggles with stairs we fix soon not really the answer u expect
Food started off really nice then started to go down hill and a rapid pace ! I love Turkish food but this well how many times can a chicken casserole be renamed each night! Mouldy fruit was put out and wen I gave it to a manager he just walked off didn’t bother to check the rest! ( mind u restaurant managers were a waste of space rude and unfriendly some of the waiters should be made managers as they would do such a better job!!
Kids were seen putting fingers in each pudding putting them in their mouth then doing the same to the next one!!!
Guests were rude and numerous times we saw Russians demanding tables and actually kicking people off because they wanted that table! Finding tables in the evening was extremely hard so find a waiter and keep going back to them they have a stash of hats sunglasses that they put on tables to reserve it for you and are happy to kick people off the table.
I asked if Baileys was on the all inclusive was told no but the Russian guy in front of me managed to have this!!
Pool is lovely but someone left a little present in the pool so it was removed and that part of the pool was closed well I say closed if u call putting same tape across the steps but the “dirty water” was still able to flow into the open part of the pool!
Numerous people picked up a cough, sore throat & fever including my daughter who had this cough for a good few weeks once we got home ( not surprised after seeing how they deal with “floaters” in the pool)
Transfer to the airport the coach was late we started to get worried so asked at reception he said oh it’s fine don’t worry they are normally 45 mins late! It was cutting it fine but the drive still did the comfort break stop on the way to the airport!
Was very disappointed with this hotel as it looked amazing but have to say not worth what they are charging and definitely not 4 star at all

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My sister and I booked this hotel at short notice after our long awaited 5☆ trip to Cuba was cancelled due to hurricanes. It did not start well arrived at Manchester airport to check in with Thomas Cook qued to be told not checking in our flight until 3.15 a near riot as people were told to wait to one side leaving no room for other departure passages to move freely a few people became very confrontatcional with the young man trying to deal with an ever growing crowd . He was unable to control the situation and wandered off not to be seen again . Everyone took it in there own hands to begin re quing to clear the way. And stand and wait is what we did as no explanations were given until at 4.30 checking opened apparently the plane had technical issues! ! And a replacement had been sent for but the replacement plane would also be 16 seats shorter in capacity Would we like to volunteer to go next day (I think not ) . By the time we checked luggage in and went through security it gave us half an hour in private lounge so not a relaxing start we had been looking forward to chilling out so a waste of our money . Not good customer service Thomas Cook

On arriving at turkey a 2 hour transfer with a 15 min break ensued after the rep spent half hour looking for 16 people that were not on the flight Not good communication Thomas Cook

Hotel is very nice beautiful foyer and we checked in with me mmet who was very polite we were shown to a pleasant but small room on floor 5 with one double bed !!! We maybe sisters but bed sharing stopped about 40 yrs ago . The porter told us to go to reception in the morning , which we did and the issue was quickly resolved lovely 2 Bed bright airy room on 2nd floor main building everything immaculately clean towels linens etc.

As on other reviews mostly Russian German guest who are very rude large and pretty intimidating who pile food high on many plates and leave lots of wasted food we witnessed over 14 days enough food left to feed a small country . I am not usually rude about other people but pigs eat with better table manners .
Food average all inclusive fair . Some English complain no English food but you are going abroad so Sunday roast and steak pie are not going to be available . Regarding the broccoli sweetcorn and sprouts at breakfast Read the notice to the side for special dietary requirements. We saw quite a few eating veg at breakfast . What we did not see was people washing there hands after using the
toilets or using the hand sanitizer aviliable through out the hotel.

Which I put down to falling very unwell with what I called Turkey Trotts for the last 6 days of my holiday I asked the Thomas Cook rep in the hotel if I could have a word she replied is it important !!! She then proceeded to tell me how to make a claim !,, I was not interested in making a claim but wanted to make it aware that there was a problem as a number of people had the same tummy issue she was not interested in health awareness Not good customer relations Thomas Cook

It is a shame a lot of holidaymakers loose the ability to read hotels dress code polices once they arrive at the dining room as we witnessed bare chested men eating at the tables, and barefooted man in his bugle smuglers in the bar also

We ate also at 2 of the a la care Asian and Turkish good service if a little rushed
We found all staff to be polite and on the whole very pleasant and extremely hard working especially the guys in the main bar . Everywhere is clean and we'll kept pools and gardens lovely although at main pool music is very very loud.

One evening we were pestered by a drunken Dutch man requesting we go back to his room we kindly refused his generous offer but he persisted unrelenting . He wandered away only for his pal to come over remonstratin we asked him to leave us alone please.
The first man once again came back with tumblers of whisky and continued to pester us.
I told him I was getting security and spotted a manager explained wat was happening and he came immediately to our aid , many thanks to the German people at the next table who told the manager what had taken place clearly, as English is not there 2nd language The Dutch man did seem to be a bit of a preditor going up to women and touching them even if they were with the male partners .
Over all we had a nice holiday our issues were not of the hotels making but Maybe some holidaymakers should be told no more drinks wen they are clearly inebriated
We used the spa x 3 it was amazing take the 35 euro package it is well worth it and Joanne the lady in charge is a delight also the chap who promotes the spa around the hotel complex with the audi hat is very cheerful and courteous .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is our second time at this hotel. We had such a good time in 2015 that we have wanted the same experience ever since. The facilities are fantastic, the food is wonderful with lots of choice and the entertainment staff keep you busy with lots of pool games and other activities.
The spa has a great Turkish bath which I highly recommend and provide different types of relaxing massage treatments.
All the staff here are very friendly and can't do enough to make your holiday special.
We will defiantly come here again!!
You won't be disappointed if you book this hotel for your holiday

Room Tip: There are family rooms available with poolside view .. you can email the hotel to request this
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Hayley B,

thank you very much for your comment and your lovely Words for the Hotelstaff.
We will be happy to meet with you soon again.

Best Regards