All reviewsold townibiza townwith great sea viewsmarina view roomsmall hotelrecommend this hoteltalamanca beachdeluxe roomlocation is greatwalking distancelovely beachfirst floorbreakfast buffetmariaharbourrogerdjs
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for two nights to chill and relax after a music festival elsewhere on the island. You might expect a bit of attitude from a hotel obviously positioning itself as chic and boutique, but not a bit of it. Yes, the appearance is very boutique: it's a small hotel where they've clearly spent effort on the design details - this isn't some anonymous chain hotel. But this didn't mean aloof and snooty (like other self-assured places near the marina); the staff were invariably friendly and helpful. We would return just because of this fact. The comfortable and clean room, and the modest but well-appointed breakfast buffet simply add to the plus points. Be aware that there is indeed ferry traffic passing the front of the hotel, but it honestly didn't really impact upon us. (Had we spent the wee small hours clubbing, we might have missed our sleep!) If we're back in Ibiza Town, this hotel would be automatically considered for a return visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Vanesa R, Director General at OD Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear client,
Thank you so much for publishing your opinion regarding your recent stay at Ocean Drive on trip advisor.
We take note about all you comments and they will be shared with staff who are one of the most important values of this hotel.

I woul like to thank your explanation about the location and about the design, and we take note about all these observations.

It is really glad to know that we are your preference if you decide to come back. Please writte us directly in order to take advantage of your trust in our company, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again at Ocean Drive.

Thank you so much for your time sharing this post.
My best regards,
Vanesa Regueira

Reviewed 15 April 2018

OD is a nice modern hotel located in a convenient area near the harbor and Talamaca Bay. My girlfriend and I stayed here almost a week and really enjoyed the morning breakfast buffet and the fast wifi service. The front desk people where very kind and helpful with suggestions on things to do and restaurants to eat. The staff would regularly clean our room and replenish towels and soaps. We had a first floor room with a nice balcony and views of the bay and Ibiza castle.

The only downside is the hotel is right on the road for the ferry terminals...so it can get a bit noisy at times when the boats are unloading. Otherwise the breakfast alone was our favorite part...(it includes Champagne) its also an easy enjoyable walk to Old town Ibiza City and the castle.

Stayed: April 2018
Vanesa R, Director General at OD Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your taking your time to share your recent experiencie at Ocean Drive. It is grateful to know that you have enjoyed our breakfast and the attention received by the staff was at the level you expected.
I am sorry about the noise of the boats, if you decide to come back to the hotel, let us know and we will allocate you in a quiter room.
Once more, thank you for your preference in our hotel and sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Ocean Drive.
My best regards,
Vanesa Regueira

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Front desk receptionist Javier met us with attitude and disdain from the get go. If he's the only one working reception on a sold out New Year's Eve, and clearly stressed out, not our fault.

Could't find our paid reservation (50 room hotel? Hello?). I´d forgotten my phone, so if it weren´t for my friend´s phone I couldn´t have accessed my booking and would not have been allowed to check in. Then lovely Javier would't accept my UK driving license as ID. Again, if he´d explained that by law you need a passport my friend had one (as was explained to me the next morning by someone infinitely more competent) But the way he abused me over it was completely unnecessary.

Still standing at reception, and after I´d asked Javier why he was giving me such a hard time, he proceeded to berate me because the room is for one and not two. We booked the room not to stay in it, but to leave belongings and not drive on NYE, as i have a beautiful house north of the island.

Finally, after all kinds of grief, he allowed us to go to a room. A walk in oven, 28 degrees celsius with no chance to change it. After I came down and asked him to fix the thermostat he basically insulted us for the fourth time, condescending to no end and yet, never fixed it.

So sweating bullets, we went back to my house, even tho we had prepaid dinner and club tickets a block away, completely shattered and angry. In bed sleeping by 1230am.

Thank you Ocean Drive for ruining our New Years Eve. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank marc j
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The hotel rooms were unexpectedly large, beds quite comfortable and staff wonderful. The AC wasn't working my first room and they quickly moved me to another, and also helped move my unpacked items. Maria and other staff were amazing and helpful. Arranged for us to go to a lovely beach and to have towels, sun hats and a beach bag. The first floor rooms have large balconies!

Breakfast was really nice.
Coffee delicious.
Check in/out efficient. Definitely worth our time.

Was only missing a pool - although we could have used a sister property, we were looking forward to just walking downstairs.

Room Tip: First floors have large balconies!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Ocean D, recepcionista at OD Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam,
we thank you very much for your comments, which make all us feel great!
As passionate hospitality workers we deeply believe that our Guests are the most important.
We hope to receiving you as our Guests again in the near future.
With best regards from Ibiza,
Your Ocean Drive Team.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Just got back today from a week in Ocean Drive Marina Botafoc Ibiza and a great week we have had. A small hotel with no pool but we didn't miss it as there is plenty to do rather than just by a pool plus there is a lovely beach at the back. Last year we stayed at the Corsa Hotel along the road which is bigger and has a pool but their staff should take lessons from the OD staff. There was a warm smile everywhere from the cleaners to the managers everyone was lovely helpful and pleasant they couldn't do enough for you and nothing was too much bother. Especially Roger on reception and Carlos in the bar. We will certainly be returning. Thank you all for such a lovely welcome and making us feel special.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
mariapenalva, Director de Recepción at OD Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Ms Julia

All the Ocean Drive Team are really happy with these comments.

Always we do try our best !!

Please, let us know if you want to come back .

Maria P.