“Should have tried Le Bouchon before!”

Le Bouchon French Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Balnarring
Price range: USD 14 - USD 24
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017

A place we have been meaning to get to for years, at last... do not do what we did and wait years!! Nice new building that probably is not as intimate as the last smaller place. It was just about full when we arrived at 7.20pm on a Wednesday night. That tells a story! Immediate service from helpful staff. I suggested that with such a large crowd in the main courses might take time to arrive but I was told the kitchen was handling everything so not to worry. I did worry, so we ordered Terrain Maison to share. They were right about the timing, the mains came up after not too long. I had the Boeuf Bourguignon which was excellent and my wife the Le confit de canard. She commented that it was salty which I raised with the owner and he said there was no added salt. If you like a salty duck then this is for you. We had Creme brulee and a Peche Melba both of which were excellent. The prices were reasonable and the table service excellent. Thoroughly recommended, we will be back.

1  Thank Graeme M

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Every single time sensational.
Any meal you choose will be outstanding.
Staff are attentive, knowledgeable & friendly.
Great wine selection.
If you don't live close to Balnarring it is worth the drive!!!!

1  Thank 966Steph30
Reviewed 3 September 2017

It was well worth the drive to Balnarring for lunch. Le Bouchon has a nice ambience of clean, smart french feel. The Varichon champagne was so nice the ladies wanted to buy bottle to take home. we started with a Plateau De Charcuterie which was plenty for the four of us. We had the Boeuf Bourguignon, barramundi and scotch fillet. All were delicious. We chose an Australian shiraz - Rolf Binder which went well with the food. In fact we wanted more. We also had a Salad and coffee. Cost $150 per couple.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Stephan and his team never fail to deliver. Great service, food and wine. This place is a real jewel!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is my very favorite restaurant. Always a very high standard of service and food to die for!!! Have been to Le Bouchon for lunch many times over the past couple of years and intend to never stop returning as the venue never ceases to amaze and surprise my husband and I. Have taken friends and they were impressed and will also return. This has to be one of the best places to eat on the Mornington Peninsula. Could not fault the establishment.

1  Thank Paul W